Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default MIDTOWN: Woman held captive nearly two hours, raped and robbed of $15

Woman held captive nearly two hours, raped and robbed of $15
    The article omits that this is the second rape of a woman in midtown. And the assailants are getting younger. I was approached at a gas station on Woodward a few blocks outside of midtown while pumping gas. The gas station security/ bouncer responded and he ran off [[which is one of the reasons I will go to this station).

DETROIT, Mich. [[WJBK) - Police are looking for a man believed to have held a 27-year-old captive for nearly two hours. During that time he's believed to have sexually assaulted her twice. Police also believe he took her to five ATMs, hoping to get cash.

The whole ordeal finally ended when the suspect took her to Marcus Market on Prentiss Street. Police believe his intention was for her to buy something and get some cash back for him, but the suspect took off and the victim got help.

In the end, the suspect made off with only $15.

But this promising neighborhood of Midtown feels they were robbed of a whole lot more.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...#ixzz2e6sFK2aJ

Zacha, please send me a pm with email address since you seem simpatico. I dislike putting up too much personal info on the internet.

I will say I was abducted and repeatedly raped at age 19. I blame Detroit Police as much as my abductors. I am 59 now and that violation of my personal body/space has haunted me my whole life. Sumas

This animal has changed this woman's sense of security and well being for the rest of her life, when they catch this POS and they will catch him....they should confiscate his human card, give him a parachute with little or no instruction on its use and drop him in the middle of the arctic tundra. Can't wait to see his rap sheet and the name of the last judge that let him out of his cage. And Mid-town is making a come back????

Default Face recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Woman held captive nearly two hours, raped and robbed of $15
    The article omits that this is the second rape of a woman in midtown. And the assailants are getting younger. I was approached at a gas station on Woodward a few blocks outside of midtown while pumping gas. The gas station security/ bouncer responded and he ran off [[which is one of the reasons I will go to this station).

DETROIT, Mich. [[WJBK) - Police are looking for a man believed to have held a 27-year-old captive for nearly two hours. During that time he's believed to have sexually assaulted her twice. Police also believe he took her to five ATMs, hoping to get cash.

The whole ordeal finally ended when the suspect took her to Marcus Market on Prentiss Street. Police believe his intention was for her to buy something and get some cash back for him, but the suspect took off and the victim got help.

In the end, the suspect made off with only $15.

But this promising neighborhood of Midtown feels they were robbed of a whole lot more.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...#ixzz2e6sFK2aJ

In Chicago, the PD has been using face recognition software to catch perps. Hope Detroit PD has that same software, so they can catch him.

Can everyone go to the article on Fox 2 and try to determine what his shirt says?

1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted in their lifetime. College campuses have struggled against [[and covered up) rape culture for years. So I can't say I'm shocked that it happened, heinous as it is.

Most urban areas tend to have a few active rapists stalking about. No need to call out Midtown for this when we all know that rapists get picked up in well-to-do places too.

Now the eastside rapist, that had all of us females looking over our shoulder whenever were in the Operation Get Down part of town. I'll never understand why we choose to let violent sexual defectives out of prison knowing damn well 7 times out of 10 they are gonna do it again. Especially when they committed the assault via B&E, dead give away for a repeater.

Zacha, do you mind if I ask which gas station it was with the security? Would love to patron a station that looks out for its customers.

[QUOTE=jw101;401698]Can everyone go to the article on Fox 2 and try to determine what his shirt says?[/

Such a simple thing everyone reading this request could do and maybe, just maybe recognize the punk or the shirt. I looked, no joy, but perhaps someone else reading this forum can have better luck!

lily

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Zacha, please send me a pm with email address since you seem simpatico. I dislike putting up too much personal info on the internet.

I will say I was abducted and repeatedly raped at age 19. I blame Detroit Police as much as my abductors. I am 59 now and that violation of my personal body/space has haunted me my whole life. Sumas
    And it always will. There are some things that just won't/can't go away. No matter what you do.

lily
    Last edited by Lily; September-06-13 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Needed to be reworded

I went to WSU in the seventies, they built a parking structure and students [[women) were attacked almost daily back then. I always parked on the street and got lots of parking tickets but I felt safer. I got lucky, the city converted to a computer system and didn't want to invest the effort to log old tickets so I skated on that. I still distrust parking structures to this day.

I sent Zacha a long email which it appears didn't transmit. Still feel better for writing about an ancient incident. Sometimes it is good to explore, re-visit or discuss life events.

Rape is a horror that never leaves one. My heart goes out to every victim because I know first hand.

I am not embarrassed to say I was a rape/abduction victim, the burden of guilt is on the assailants. I rarely speak of this, mostly because I don't want pity or to be viewed as a victim. Strangely, people are uncomfortable around this dialogue, blame does go to the victim since it makes folk uncomfortable. Trust me I know this first hand. I rarely talk about this but sometimes women need to speak out.

Thank you Zacha for reaching out. I really did send you a detailed account but it did not seem to transmit. All things considered, you got spared a tragedy in my life.

Forgot to say thank you to Lily too for your empathy. Some things will always be with you. Personally, all convicted rapists should have their dicks cut off. They have no clue the damage they do to a woman's heart, mind and soul and thus deserve no mercy.

Resolution too low for me to read it, even putting the image thru Photoshop....

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    Can everyone go to the article on Fox 2 and try to determine what his shirt says?

I resent you my contact info Sumas. Not sure why what you sent me did not go thru. Please try again.

I've not been raped, but I did have a young man forcibly and painfully grab me in the chest when I was a teen to attempt to take my bicycle. I kept my one leg entwined in the frame of the bike and refused to give it up to the thief. He finally relented and ran off. He was someone I knew which is why I stopped to talk to him. I often wonder what other violence he went on to do.

Violence and rape is real and so many women are silent. We must be vigilant to keep safe. And know I don't like dark parking structures.

I sent Zacha a long email which it appears didn't transmit. Still feel better for writing about an ancient incident. Sometimes it is good to explore, re-visit or discuss life events.

It's the Marathon on Woodward and Hazelwood. Do know this is not the greatest area -- and it is well outside of the WSU/ Midtown Radius. The station itself is a bit grim, bullet-proof glass style, but the owner knows me from my car, a modest car he happens to like so he watches while I pump.

And they have cool security/ bouncer who open carries, who's there most of the time.

If I have to get my gas in the city I prefer this station over the one on Woodward and Euclid which is really rough.

The station at Woodward and Forest often has alot of police around [[WSU and DPD) but their prices are very high!

Quote Originally Posted by webband1 View Post
    Zacha, do you mind if I ask which gas station it was with the security? Would love to patron a station that looks out for its customers.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-07-13 at 07:14 AM.

Well I'd say some of these rapists are going to get some serious 'push-back', to say the least as more women have CPLs, go to the range regularly, and to know what to do if so approached. A small canister of pepper spray is an option as well.

Forgot to say thank you to Lily too for your empathy. Some things will always be with you. Personally, all convicted rapists should have their dicks cut off. They have no clue the damage they do to a woman's heart, mind and soul and thus deserve no mercy.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-07-13 at 07:15 AM.

I have toyed with getting a pistol and a concealed weapons permit for years. Mostly I say no to myself. Used to hunt with my Dad and was a good shot too.

Pretty sure I would over react to situations so best I don't. I walk my neighborhood, neighbors know me. I feel safe. Dumb clucks do approach but just dumb clucks.

I can though honestly say, I do not want another woman violated. Wishful thinking of course. It's devastating. Some deviant, gets to alter a life course??? I changed my mind, don't clip their cocks, just kill them.

Yes being raped really did change my whole world view. I got on with my life but that act is still pervasive.

Hi Sumas, thanks for speaking out. It makes us all realize we have to do something to make this better, when it has happened to people we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It's the Marathon on Woodward and Hazelwood. Do know this is not the greatest area -- and it is well outside of the WSU/ Midtown Radius. The station itself is a bit grim, bullet-proof glass style, but the owner knows me from my car, a modest car he happens to like so he watches while I pump.

And they have cool security/ bouncer who open carries, who's there most of the time.

If I have to get my gas in the city I prefer this station over the one on Woodward and Euclid which is really rough.

The station at Woodward and Forest often has alot of police around [[WSU and DPD) but their prices are very high!
    Woodward and Euclid is a CitGo gas station. Separate topic, but does anyone know anything/the history/use of the 'Temple Bethel' building a little further along the road on Woodward?

We house occasionally homeless people. A woman I'll call K, got picked up by family. They brought a neighbor kid with them. She was a pretty delightful child, maybe 8 or 9 yrs old. Ron noticed she had scars up and down her arm. I didn't see so can't say. I suggested maybe she was a cutter which can start pretty young. Ron thought it looked like cigarette burns. Torture of females can start quite early. These people came from the burbs and that charming child didn't know what a piano was???? Ron opened it up and let her bang away. I cry too for abused children.

Actually I want to revisit my previous post. What kid doesn't recognize a piano. She was totally enthralled. What kind of life does that child lead? She was so pretty, so sweet. We put our dogs out knowing strangers were coming, she wanted to play with them. My dogs would kill to protect me but really just cuddly critters otherwise. SHE HAD FUN WITH THEM TOO. Sorry for the caps, unintentional. Sometimes I think I should foster children but not sure I could be full time there for them.

I also want to thank Zacha again. I labored over my email, detailing everything and it dissipated into the no where of the internet. Suffice to say, rape changes ones world view.

I should tell that lady.

1. NEVER! walk through the streets of Detroit alone without some protection. [[especially at night.)

2. Be aware of your surroundings. You never know who comes around the corner.

3. Stay in public areas and go forth to your destinations.

4. NEVER leave your personal belongings in the car or anywhere behind.

Thieves, muggers, rapists, con artists, killers etc. are rampant in the ghettos of Detroit. They best you can do is be ready, watch and say your prayers!

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I should tell that lady.

1. NEVER! walk through the streets of Detroit alone without some protection. [[especially at night.)

2. Be aware of your surroundings. You never know who comes around the corner.

3. Stay in public areas and go forth to your destinations.

4. NEVER leave your personal belongings in the car or anywhere behind.

Thieves, muggers, rapists, con artists, killers etc. are rampant in the ghettos of Detroit. They best you can do is be ready, watch and say your prayers!
    Pretty much. But you have all of these people harping about how great Midtown is; so much so that from 12-2:00a on weekends you see college-aged guys and gals walking alone, like sitting ducks. So many in that area with a false sense of security or walking with their guard down, it's amazing stories like this aren't more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted in their lifetime. College campuses have struggled against [[and covered up) rape culture for years. So I can't say I'm shocked that it happened, heinous as it is.

Speaking of rape crimes. The campus of University of Michigan his the highest report of campus crime the State of Michigan. Are parents are thinking twice to send their adult child to that school?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast