Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default It's offical MIKE DUGGAN WINS DETROIT MAYORAL PRIMARY.

YAY! Here's the proof. By more than 20,000 votes.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...eclared-winner

Thank you Michigan State Board Canvassers.

DUGGAN 49%

NAPOLEON 29%

But the fight for Detroit mayor continues.
    Last edited by Danny; September-03-13 at 09:45 PM.

It amazes me how the opponents of Duggan can't understand the old axiom of 'let sleeping dogs lie'.

From the Dugeon ringer ploy to the recount stink they have done nothing but elevate Duggan, suck all the air out of their campaigns and thrust his name in the headlines.

And all they end up with is this pimp-slapping by the state canvassers to be followed by a recount all saying the same thing everybody knew - it's Duggan vs. Napoleon but with Duggan now greatly strengthened. Buried now is Duggan's fumbling of the filing dates that mocked his claims of know-it-all executive expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    YAY! Here's the proof. By more than 20,000 votes.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...eclared-winner

Thank you Michigan State Board Canvassers.

DUGGAN 49%

NAPOLEON 29%

But the fight for Detroit mayor continues.
    Tom Barrow insists on turning this into a racial contest of wills for the gullible folks in Detroit. Why does he even care? He was never "In it" , why, because he's bat shit crazy and always brings up the stupid non-issues. He did it this over and over again, and is his ONLY claim to fame. Anybody that doesn't get out and vote in this upcoming election, should be put up against the wall. Saying "Why vote for Mayor, when the City is under Emergency Management?" is wrong headed and ignorant of politics, and do not realize the importance of getting Detroit straightened out financially. Race only plays a part because people want it to in order to mask the real issue...which is pure criminality...and not just by the Kilpatrick Clan. Kilpatrick was a fool. He could have been a GREAT MAN, but decided to remain an immature child not letting go of his thug-like youth. A black Mayor teamed with a newly elected black President......forget about it, he could have really turned this region, this city, around. Now look at him, and what has befallen our city. It's his fault mostly, but he didn't act alone. We need a total change around here, but I'm not really sure if ANY of the candidates are up for the job....not honestly or legally anyway.

"Failed city clerk candidate D. Etta Wilcoxon filed suit last week to stop the count and Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Joyce Draganchuk issued a temporary restraining order to stop state elections workers from completing the count. But the count already had been completed.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...#ixzz2dwAr3CWZ"

Why does everything have to be fucked up here?
    D. Etta Wilcoxon finished second in the primary. Therefore she is advancing to the general election for City Clerk. What trained monkeys wrote this shit?

Anyway, she turned out to be a real dumpster fire, didn't she? Nice little racist Barrow lap-dog, who is running for City Clerk and trying to get votes thrown out. Where is the integrity?

I'm not hopeful for the most part. The City Clerk race ultimately still sums up the leadership here: the choice between incompetence and senseless, raging madness. The voters lose.

People stole CONTAINERS of votes out of a Precinct????? How did THAT happen? I'm with Napoleon on this one, we need Federal oversite.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    "Failed city clerk candidate D. Etta Wilcoxon filed suit last week to stop the count and Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Joyce Draganchuk issued a temporary restraining order to stop state elections workers from completing the count. But the count already had been completed.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...#ixzz2dwAr3CWZ"

Why does everything have to be fucked up here?
    D. Etta Wilcoxon finished second in the primary. Therefore she is advancing to the general election for City Clerk. What trained monkeys wrote this shit?

Anyway, she turned out to be a real dumpster fire, didn't she? Nice little racist Barrow lap-dog, who is running for City Clerk and trying to get votes thrown out. Where is the integrity?

I'm not hopeful for the most part. The City Clerk race ultimately still sums up the leadership here: the choice between incompetence and senseless, raging madness. The voters lose.

I warned y'all in that post that someone did prior to the primary election about this cuck[[short for cuckakoo) of a candidate. Her attorney, Todd Perkins, is also the attorney for Barrow but yet in their petition against Winfrey to be place on the ballot back in April or May has Barrow name misspelled as Barrows. And folks talking about the average Detroiter not knowing how to spell D-u-g-g-a-n right? I would not vote for Barrow or his flunkies if they were running for the Head Dog Catcher.

I was reading a breakdown of both candidates supporters and donations . No surprise that Vanguard backs Duggan and contributes , Now Napoleon has the backing and donations of Central Transport Isn't that Maroun's company ? heheh

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFreddy View Post
    Tom Barrow insists on turning this into a racial contest of wills for the gullible folks in Detroit. Why does he even care? He was never "In it" , why, because he's bat shit crazy and always brings up the stupid non-issues. He did it this over and over again, and is his ONLY claim to fame. Anybody that doesn't get out and vote in this upcoming election, should be put up against the wall. Saying "Why vote for Mayor, when the City is under Emergency Management?" is wrong headed and ignorant of politics, and do not realize the importance of getting Detroit straightened out financially. Race only plays a part because people want it to in order to mask the real issue...which is pure criminality...and not just by the Kilpatrick Clan. Kilpatrick was a fool. He could have been a GREAT MAN, but decided to remain an immature child not letting go of his thug-like youth. A black Mayor teamed with a newly elected black President......forget about it, he could have really turned this region, this city, around. Now look at him, and what has befallen our city. It's his fault mostly, but he didn't act alone. We need a total change around here, but I'm not really sure if ANY of the candidates are up for the job....not honestly or legally anyway.
    I gotta agree that Kwame could have been Corey Booker in NJ... a young, bright mayor making the best of it in a hard knock town and now running for the Senate... but that didn't work out.

And how old is Tom Barrow anyways? He's been running for mayor since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    I was reading a breakdown of both candidates supporters and donations . No surprise that Vanguard backs Duggan and contributes , Now Napoleon has the backing and donations of Central Transport Isn't that Maroun's company ? heheh
    In business it pays to be politically neutral,one way or another all companies are supporting both candidates.

Due to all the political circus and upside down elections, There will be a 70% chance that he will become Detroit's first white mayor in 40 years.

Ninety-five percent of the popular vote in Detroit says he will

Detroit is ready for white mayor who will be the right mayor for the job. Let's hope he keep his reputation in tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    People stole CONTAINERS of votes out of a Precinct????? How did THAT happen? I'm with Napoleon on this one, we need Federal oversite.
    Did that happen or was that an allegation from the nut jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Did that happen or was that an allegation from the nut jobs?
    Allegations from the nut jobs, one of whom just filed Bankruptcy stating that her house is underwater like the rest of America. Big deal, mine too but I still pay my mortgage and have not filed Bankruptcy either.

Quote Originally Posted by nativegirl View Post
    Allegations from the nut jobs, one of whom just filed Bankruptcy stating that her house is underwater like the rest of America. Big deal, mine too but I still pay my mortgage and have not filed Bankruptcy either.
    Was it Robert "I supposedly love stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from children" Davis? or Tom "There is a conspiracy against the finest candidate, myself" Barrow? Because both are crazy. One is a total hypocrite for trying to make sure everything is fair while supposedly stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from an already-financially-troubled school district. The other has a perennial hard on for running for office and seems thoroughly convinced that the only reason he hasn't been elected is "The Man".

Quote Originally Posted by nativegirl View Post
    "The state acknowledged finding some issues in “a small number” of Detroit precincts. Several ballot canisters were missing seals, while several others had broken seals. One container had no ballots in it at all."

http://michiganradio.org/post/detroi...ed-now-recount

"The state acknowledged finding some issues in “a small number” of Detroit precincts. Several ballot canisters were missing seals, while several others had broken seals. One container had no ballots in it at all."

http://michiganradio.org/post/detroi...ed-now-recount
    It is definitely Mike Duggan and Dan Gilbert and The Man trying to hold Benny Napolean and Tom Barrow down. It definitely has nothing to do with Janice "I may or may not be incompetent" Winfrey.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    It is definitely Mike Duggan and Dan Gilbert and The Man trying to hold Benny Napolean and Tom Barrow down. It definitely has nothing to do with Janice "I may or may not be incompetent" Winfrey.
    I think the whole "The Man" thing is getting a bit played out. I also think Detroiters, highly educated or not, ARE not only getting smarter, but are also tired of the same old same old.

I think the whole "The Man" thing is getting a bit played out. I also think Detroiters, highly educated or not, ARE not only getting smarter, but are also tired of the same old same old.
    This is the narrative that we're hearing from the Tom Barrow's, the Robert Davis', the D Wilcoxson's of Detroit though. Even Benny is implying there is some force working against him. I agree with you that Detroiters, regardless of education, are starting to wise up to the fact that there isn't some unseen force working against them, but rather the candidate's stupidity that is working against them.

The only force working against Benny is Benny.

Just wait until the general election if Benny gets beat like he did in the primary you will have enough conspiracy stories to bring back the TV series The X Files. Which of course would be an insult to the Detroit voters.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Just wait until the general election if Benny gets beat like he did in the primary you will have enough conspiracy stories to bring back the TV series The X Files. Which of course would be an insult to the Detroit voters.
    I don't know about that. I think a lot of Detroiters liked the X Files, and wouldn't be insulted @ all.

I just want to know why non-Detroiters like Robert Davis, Mildred Gaddis, Marvin Winans, Andrew Merritt, and Greg Bowens feel like they need to "stand up and fight for Detroiters" by opposing the "Suburban interests". Don't they think actual Detroiters know what's good for themselves? And, by fighting against the "suburban interests," aren't they really fighting against themselves [[except maybe for Davis, who last I heard lived in HP)? IJS!!!!

I don't know about that. I think a lot of Detroiters liked the X Files, and wouldn't be insulted @ all.
    LOL ! it was a top rated show and Detroiters do love a good conspiracy story

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    I just want to know why non-Detroiters like Robert Davis, Mildred Gaddis, Marvin Winans, Andrew Merritt, and Greg Bowens feel like they need to "stand up and fight for Detroiters" by opposing the "Suburban interests". Don't they think actual Detroiters know what's good for themselves? And, by fighting against the "suburban interests," aren't they really fighting against themselves [[except maybe for Davis, who last I heard lived in HP)? IJS!!!!
    They get to throw grapes and rabble rouse without having to deal with broken city services, city taxes, dysfunctional elections, poor home values, etc. They are the exact people that they preach against, Non-Detroiters trying to influence every facet of Detroit's government and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post

Detroit is not going to stay black forever! White folks coming back and retaking their hood that they built. Black Detroiters are just going to deal with the social, political and regional growth. Barrow, Napoleon and other race card leaders has turn Detroit mayoral elections into a circus. Other leaders and Detroiters are sick and tired of Coleman Young and Kwame Kilpatrick criminal dynasty. Having a new mayor with a different color and would possibly restore Detroit back to its true renaissance; like a phoenix rising from its ashes. The nations has put a black man in the white house. Why not put a white man in the black house.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Why not put a white man in the black house.
    Danny, isn't the house on Dwight grey [[gray)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast