Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wayne State Wednesday Farmers Market

Hello everyone,

I just would like to share some information on the Wayne State Wednesday Farmers Market, which runs from June 3 - October 28.

Location: Cass Ave, just across from the Detroit Public Library
    Time: 11 AM - 4 PM every Wednesday

The market features a variety of locally growing products from vendors such as: Grown in Detroit, Avalon Breads, Vang Family Farm, Hampshire Farm, Van Houtte Farms, Green Barn Llama Farms, Nantais Farm, Ridley Orchards, and Eastern Market AM Fresh. More vendors will be added throughout the season as more crops become available to sell.

This week we will also have a cooking demonstration at the market from 12:30-1:30, offered by Chef Alison Costello from the Capuchin Soup Kitchen. She will be preparing a delicious meal from market ingredients.

We hope that you will come by to purchase some fresh produce and celebrate the abundance of local Michigan farms!

The market is offered by SEED Wayne, for more information check out www.clas.wayne.edu/seedwayne

Default Wonderful market!

I go every week. Great stuff, good prices, local. I hope to catch the demonstration on Wednesday.

Sounds like a great market- I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for the post!

Hey everyone,

I just thought I'd post a graphic for the market if anyone supportive of the efforts has ways to advertise the market. We need all the support that we can get to succeed with this farmers market and now that the Michigan harvest is more abundant, the market has the potential for more customers, more money in the local economy, and to connect more people with the pleasure of eating in season from a grower that you know.

Wednesday Farmer's Market

The WSU Farmer's Market continues 11 AM to 4 PM, every Wednesday until Halloween in front of Prentis Hall on Cass Ave. Vendors will offer fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, flowers, fresh and prepared foods grown in the region, or prepared from Michigan farm products. The market accepts cash, the WSU One Card, and the Michigan Bridge Card. For more information about the market, contact Kami Pothukuchi at k.pothukuchi@wayne.edu. For more information about SEED Wayne, visit www.clas.wayne.edu/seedwayne.

Any chance if they have some success they'll extend the hours until 6 PM? I can't get out of the office until 5 PM.