Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Activity Spotted At The Pierson Bulding Downtown On Woodward

Maybe Dennis is spending some money he got from Gilbert?

Maybe pigs fly too!

That's one downtown building I actually wouldn't miss. It's hideous. Still don't want it gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Maybe Dennis is spending some money he got from Gilbert?

Maybe pigs fly too!
    My bet's on the pigs. When Dennis spends money, it's to buy another slum-building-in-waiting, and not to put into any of his existing properties.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    That's one downtown building I actually wouldn't miss. It's hideous. Still don't want it gone though.
    I like the building it was recently redone with a streamline modern architecture motif. Recently as when Kresge moved down the street from it to the corner of State in the 1920's!

If you look at the alley side way up you will still see a Kresge sign.

DP, I think you're a block off. The Elliott Building at Grand River and Woodward was the first Kresge store and still sports the 5&10 sign on the alley side. As I recall from old photos I've seen in the past, the Pierson Building was modernized [[but was it in the in the 50s? 60s?) and underneath is a nice old facade. Fortunately, the Elliott Building never suffered such an indignity and is still looking quite respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    DP, I think you're a block off. The Elliott Building at Grand River and Woodward was the first Kresge store and still sports the 5&10 sign on the alley side. As I recall from old photos I've seen in the past, the Pierson Building was modernized [[but was it in the in the 50s? 60s?) and underneath is a nice old facade. Fortunately, the Elliott Building never suffered such an indignity and is still looking quite respectable.
    I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=detro...30.48,,0,-22.5

Ya know how many times I've been on those segments of Clifford and Grand River in my lifetime? Tens of thousands!!! After all, how else am I going to get to the Grind to pick up mom from work? Hey the City is threatening her pension, a girl's gotta do whatever to survive.

HAH! Dennis Kelifinos building! He couldn't fix a leaky pipe when he sees one. Sell that building to Dan Gilbert, Mr. Kelifinos! He know what to do.

Nice little building "The Grind" being rehabbed? on Griswold across from the parking deck.

Link in DPs post #7

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=detro...30.48,,0,-22.5

Ya know how many times I've been on those segments of Clifford and Grand River in my lifetime? Tens of thousands!!! After all, how else am I going to get to the Grind to pick up mom from work? Hey the City is threatening her pension, a girl's gotta do whatever to survive.
    Lol. Instead of saying you're a block off, I should have said you're off your block.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Lol. Instead of saying you're a block off, I should have said you're off your block.
    That too!