Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Jazz Talk Tent at the Detroit Jazz Festival -

Any jazzers out there? Would love to meet you in the Jazz Talk Tent, Woodward at Congress, over Labor Day w/e. There are many presentations by authors, musicians, and panels on Detroit musicians too, like Teddy Harris Jr. and Donald Byrd. There is also a talk on Detroit Jazz History from 1920-1960 on Saturday, Aug 31, 5:30-6:45 with rare recordings and rare photographs. Details on www.detroitjazzfest.com

I adore jazz of many forms [[old and some new) and making it a personal hobby to learn more about Duke Ellington and Sonny Rollins this year. I hear McCoy Tyner will be playing.

Stopped by the Jazz Tent a couple times today. Saw Lars on the first stop. Then caught a few minutes of Jim and Lars giving their Before Motown talk on the jazz history of Detroit.

Dave [[aka The Grillmaster) played with Thornetta Davis on the Waterfront Stage this afternoon. A wonderful show...and a great audience!!! It was a really enjoyable time. Wish we could have heard more music.

Will stop by the Jazz Tent on Sunday or Monday if we are able to make it back down for more great music!!!

Missed the Jazz Tent, but had a splendid day at the festival. We are fortunate to have this gem in our town. Nice to run into you, Kathleen!
    Wasn't going to mention this, but while Brett Lucas was playing the introduction, I closed my eyes and saw Mr. Johnnie Bassett looking down, smiling at him.

I missed McCoy Tyner. Drats. Going down today and tomorrow. Grand time indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Missed the Jazz Tent, but had a splendid day at the festival. We are fortunate to have this gem in our town. Nice to run into you, Kathleen!
    Wasn't going to mention this, but while Brett Lucas was playing the introduction, I closed my eyes and saw Mr. Johnnie Bassett looking down, smiling at him.

Hi Bob! Nice to see you and the Mrs. Dancing!!

Yep....we sure do miss Johnnie Bassett!!

Saw Vic Doucette out and about at the fest yesterday too! So nice to run into friends!!!