Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Huge fire near Belle Isle-ish?

From a really tall rooftop in Midtown, we can see a HUGE, tall fire in the far distance, maybe near Jefferson before the Jeffersonian. It appears that it would have to be a pretty tall building. Anyone know which one? Ugh.

Just drove by Gratiot and McDougall, there were 5-6 trucks. Thank goodness it doesn't seem to be a tall building, but the fire was very tall to be seen from where it was. House explosion?

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    From a really tall rooftop in Midtown, we can see a HUGE, tall fire in the far distance, maybe near Jefferson before the Jeffersonian. It appears that it would have to be a pretty tall building. Anyone know which one? Ugh.
    That is strange, no alarms were heard by us. We live near there. We hear fire truck alarms daily, I cross myself and I am not Catholic. We have friends and neighbors who are fire fighters.

Oops, wrong 11:25 and I just heard one. Faintly. I guess my husband and I are macabre but we figure the city is trying to burn us all out in collusion with developers. We generally hear 7 or so fire trucks a day. Sigh!

My house is insured for over half a million for years and would really be pissed if fire came near it. Happened once before but we were not the owners, I think it was maybe 15 yrs ago. I just want my area intact.

Just Arson folks! crazy folks burning Detroit down. Putting a end to old middle class blue and white homes white families built long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just Arson folks! crazy folks burning Detroit down. Putting a end to old middle class blue and white homes white families built long ago.
    It's sad really. 7:45 its raining and I have already heard my first fire truck.

15 years ago an arsonist was having a field in West Village and Islandview. They torched the garage next door, it skipped to ours, was contained but fiirefighters did not see that it skipped to our neighbors home. Mrs C. The damage was extensive. She lived with relatives for almost a year while her house was restored. She had minimal insurance but her church did several fund raisers. Her house was restored but that is not the norm.

Ha ha, funny Danny.