Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Barrow calls for hand recount

Please someone tell me i read incorrectly, and Mr. barrow who received approximately 10% of the primary votes is not going to request a hand recount tomorrow?

If he is in a not to distant 3rd place he might be rationalizing it by thinking he can get 2nd. He should also have Benny's votes counted as he is the one he wants to beat and perhaps Benny got too many votes?

Guess anything is possible, but based on the preliminary figures i found....

Tom Duggan write ins. 52.59%
    B. napolean. 29.63%
    krystal crittendon. 5.53%
    lisa howze. 4.79%
    Mr Barrow. 3.86%

there would have to have been a huge number of errors. This is like dealing with my 3 year old granddaughter......how many times do i have to say NO. Mr Barrow, the people have spoken [[5) times, the answer is no.

Lily

If he talked to some election workers who worked at the precincts perhaps he'd give this up, take his bat and go home.

Ya think?

He has turned into a Moron, perhaps I should say Moroun. I am sure if he was the only candidate he would still lose.

I do have some sympathy, years and years and years ago, he was actually a viable candidate

When I read the title, I thought he was counting how many hands he had.

Lily,
    The man [[and I am using the term loosely) is nuttier than squirrel shit! This is the same idiot that requested a recount in 2009 that held up somethings in the 2009 General Election [[ I was a pollworker that year).

DP....I have friends that work as election precinct workers and they told me how Duggan and Napoleon's pollwatchers were surprised by the sheer amount administrative work that occurs at the end of the night. There are sooooo much paperwork that must signed, checked and placed correctly because in the Federal and State elections the State of Michigan board of canvassers which includes the secretary of state, Ruth Johnson, must "bless" the final count. During the local elections, Wayne county clerk office "bless" the election.

Awesome HT! ----

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    When I read the title, I thought he was counting how many hands he had.

Barrow is pathetic. This election showed the will of the people more than any other I can recall. A write-in getting more than half the votes?? Benny really has his work cut out for him

No! It's all a conspiracy. Those numbers can't be right! ----

Detroiters, cannot think outside of default expectation, or spell, after all.............

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Barrow is pathetic. This election showed the will of the people more than any other I can recall. A write-in getting more than half the votes?? Benny really has his work cut out for him
    I think Detroiters, no matter what their lot in life, are just plain tired of excuses and the status quo.

Yep... I'm not crazy for Duggan but the change in vote pattern especially to the level of a 'write-in' speaks volumes and varied voices and points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep... I'm not crazy for Duggan but the change in vote pattern especially to the level of a 'write-in' speaks volumes and varied voices and points of view.
    My sediments exactly.

Barrow will do anything to keep an 'outsider,' not to mention a white man from winning. It's not even about his chances. He is only trying to keep a suburbanite from winning. Did the same thing with Bing.

Not to mention using every avenue possible to get people off the ballot. When he got Duggan off the ballot and he started a write-in campaign, I have no doubt that Barrow is the one who scoured city records to find Mike Dugeon to cause confusion in a greater effort to derail Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by nativegirl View Post
    Lily,
    The man [[and I am using the term loosely) is nuttier than squirrel shit! This is the same idiot that requested a recount in 2009 that held up somethings in the 2009 General Election [[ I was a pollworker that year).
    That is quite the insult to squirrel shit.

My sediments exactly.
    Sediments Noun
    Matter that settles to the bottom of a liquid; dregs.

My sediments exactly.
    With sediments like that, you should be thrilled that Barrow wants to stir things up!

Thanks to all for my morning chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Guess anything is possible, but based on the preliminary figures i found....

Tom Duggan write ins. 52.59%
    B. napolean. 29.63%
    krystal crittendon. 5.53%
    lisa howze. 4.79%
    Mr Barrow. 3.86%

there would have to have been a huge number of errors. This is like dealing with my 3 year old granddaughter......how many times do i have to say NO. Mr Barrow, the people have spoken [[5) times, the answer is no.

Lily
    Barrow may have looked at the same figures you did & saw that Tom Duggan got 52.59%

Barrow is a _hit starter. He just needs to go somewhere and stuff his pie-hole full of lemon meringue and hope he doesn't choke on the whipped creme.

The more Tom Barrow the better!! Detroit has a penchant for electing the person who is being "picked" on. The way I look at it the more Barrow opens his pie-hole the more Duggan looks like the victim, and more votes for him come November.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    The more Tom Barrow the better!! Detroit has a penchant for electing the person who is being "picked" on. The way I look at it the more Barrow opens his pie-hole the more Duggan looks like the victim, and more votes for him come November.
    This is what I thought too. Duggan may not have gotten as many votes as he did in the primary if he was on the ballot. People tend to sympathize with someone that seems to be unfairly targeted.

Ironically, it also makes Duggan look more qualified, in my opinion. It's as if his opponents acknowledge that they can't beat him fairly, so they just want to get him out of the way. It's like Duggan's a star quarterback, and Barrow is a mediocre linebacker on another team trying to break Duggan's leg so his team has a chance to win.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Maybe Barrow knew this was upcoming? The article is very vague...how did Duggan get so many votes discarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Barrow may have looked at the same figures you did & saw that Tom Duggan got 52.59%
    Now that is embarrassing.