Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ignore function

Default Ignore function

Does this new board really have an ignore function?

If so, how do I use it?

Thanks!

cheddar bob Guest

Go to USER CP, then hit the Edit Ignore list.

Did you say something?

cheddar bob Guest

I had to figure out how to do it when I saw that ccbatson made the transition.

It's a beautiful thing!

I wonder if Lowell can do a graph of how many have used ignore on what names. Probably better not to know.

Thanks, guys.

I am envisioning a situation like this:

Person 1: I really like candy corn.

Person 2: Candy corn is for Democrats.

Person 3: Shut up, Republican.

Person 4 [[ignoring Person 2): Why did you tell him to shut up? I thought he said before that he's a Whig?

Maybe we will have to address each other.

It works well except when someone else quotes the ignored person but I don't see any way that could be fixed.

I was able to manually ignore people on the old forum but it required glancing at the author's name before reading each and every post. This is so much easier! [[Added this for test.)

I like to think of it as a pariah squelch® feature.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-02-09 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It works well except when someone else quotes the ignored person but I don't see any way that could be fixed.

I was able to manually ignore people on the old forum but it required glancing at the author's name before reading each and every post. This is so much easier!

I like to think of it as a pariah squelch® feature.
    I prefer the quote referred to be stated in the post, otherwise I have a WTF moment, and listing the post number referred also sucks.

With this new format, it's very easy to do.

Okay, I changed the post that Jams quoted and the change didn't appear in his quote. That's as it should be.

I am a recovering compulsive tester. LOL

I don't think we have the same Ccbatson over here. He seems more "topical".

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    He seems the same to me. If someone is impersonating him, they're doing a ridiculously good job of it, to the point of being more than a little creepy.

I tried to put someone on my ignore list. It wouldn't let me and said my token had expired. What's that token about? How do I use the ignore list?

Okay, I see that it shows a placeholder for when an ignored person posted.

Now, if people would just stop quoting the people I ignored, I would be in blissful ignorance.

Naming the people you've ignored seems mean spirited and catty. When is the next FSC?

I am suspicious too, since the new CC posted in the music thread. I don't remember him doing that before.

When the fake Cc was logged on the old forum, he was pretty convicing for awhile too, until all of the weirdness started.

Post a few smoking women pics and see if he responds........

If you click on his user name, he has his personal info on there. I always assumed that the "old" Cc did'nt even live in the area, because he only posted on the Non-Detroit side. I still think we have a "new" Cc over here.

Anyone else think it's no coincidence that brand new CC is "from Farmington" ?
    Last edited by Alley; April-03-09 at 10:27 AM.

I would delete that post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    I would delete that post.....
    Why? Seriously, why? All I did was google a name and city that is public on the forum. Is that wrong somehow? It may or may not even be him.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    Jcole,
    C'mon, not cool.
    Okay, it's deleted, although I seriously don't see what was wrong. His profile is wide open, and all I did was google the name and city he has listed. Anyone who knows how to use a keyboard can do the same thing. It's 50/50 that it was really him or not, if he listed his real name.
    It's no worse than everyone talking about using the ignore function and discussing whether or not he's from Farmington or not.
    But rather than start some sort of bruhaha, I deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Okay, it's deleted, although I seriously don't see what was wrong. His profile is wide open, and all I did was google the name and city he has listed. Anyone who knows how to use a keyboard can do the same thing. It's 50/50 that it was really him or not, if he listed his real name.
    It's no worse than everyone talking about using the ignore function and discussing whether or not he's from Farmington or not.
    But rather than start some sort of bruhaha, I deleted.
    Yeah I dont get it. Whats the point of talking about how you are going to ignore someone, I mean if you really wanted to do so, wouldn't you just ignore them and not start a thread about doing so? Its like they want attention or to feel cool by talking about how much they dont like a particular person. Quite high schoolish if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'd delete that post...
    what's wrong with that? 'smokin' chick' fits right in with 'chicks we dig'

Bad precedent.

Granted, anybody can be anyone, online. I could have Googled anybody in the Detroit area, and signed up as such. Oh well, thats the nature of the beast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast