Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: serious creeped

Default serious creeped

Had a neighbor drop over and I can't say she is the stellar type. You know the kind that wants a beer, a cig, a couple bucks.

She tells me we have neighbors that dislike us cause we are white.

We know all our immediate neighbors and have great re pore so I can discount much of what she said. But yes there are drug houses etc in our community we want shut down along with my black neighbors.

Strange thinking we might be targets.

white = the new gay. There are some people who will pick on you or hate on you for any reason whatsoever. When people feel insecure they will be bigots. That has always been true and will always be true. You just cant perfect humanity to get rid of flaws. And you sure can't legislate it away. Hopefully whoever dislikes you will have a chance to get to know you.

Just try to be nice and don't raise any issues. I grew up in Harper Woods and raised my kids there, I sold in 1994 and moved to Grosse Pointe Woods. When I moved from Harper Woods we were just starting to have problems and I saw the writing on the wall. Although she may not be credible, be careful and don't EVER get involved with the people that deal the drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Had a neighbor drop over and I can't say she is the stellar type. You know the kind that wants a beer, a cig, a couple bucks.

She tells me we have neighbors that dislike us cause we are white.

We know all our immediate neighbors and have great re pore so I can discount much of what she said. But yes there are drug houses etc in our community we want shut down along with my black neighbors.

Strange thinking we might be targets.
    Sometimes people will say those things to get in good with you. Like they're on your side and are sharing intel with you. And of course someone out there is going to grumble about the white family on the block.

Keep your head down Sue. Be polite but find an excuse to leave her outside your gate. Dont have her up on your beautiful porch if your gettin a bad vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Keep your head down Sue. Be polite but find an excuse to leave her outside your gate. Dont have her up on your beautiful porch if your gettin a bad vibe.
    Thanks Django, she is pretty persistent if she wants something. I was po'd to find out Ron gave her money just the other day. I am getting better at saying no.

You know us, our house, our hood. Our neighbors the best, even their grown [[out of the house) and not so grown kinder greet us by name.

Sounds like she lives [[next block) in a real zoo, and no I don't want her to pretend to be my best buddiy

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. Kindnesses are always appreciated. She is just dumb street and I should never have let her creep me out.

I agree. You hold your ground and don't be defacto intimidated. Be friendly, yet alert. I'm black and we have a few 'hinky' neighbors bringing us news [[I saw who took that UPS package off your porch, etc.), often associated with the request to borrow some twos and fews [[money)... for the info. We deal with it per incident. Sometimes it is legit, sometimes useless... Hah!

I'll have to stop by and get a sit on your big porch Sumas, before it gets cold. I know I try to enjoy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post

Sadly many break-ins occur from the folks on the 'other' block... so I am picky about who we talk to and usually limit talking to people we don't know well to the 'porch'. People known for years is different.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Sounds like she lives [[next block) in a real zoo, and no I don't want her to pretend to be my best buddiy