Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Ottava Via

Default Ottava Via

Anyone dined here? Experiences, opinions,, service, food, etc?

I've been watch the progress of this place and been waiting to check it out .
    I drove by last night , it look busy. I'll check it out next weekend .

A friend and I went several weeks age, during what I believe was its soft opening. We spit a salad and a pizza. Both were delicious. The service was fine and the atmosphere was much to my liking. One problem, for me, was that the music was too loud in the main room; but when I mentioned it to the hostess, she promptly offered us a table in the back room which was just fine. They have a rear patio. I definitely will be back!

I was having a hard time locating its spot exactly on Michigan until I realized that "ottava via" means "8th Street." And that's its corner!
    Last edited by Neilr; August-17-13 at 08:36 AM.

WOW! Cool a place you can sit down and eat pizza in the city [[Corktown). Just read a bit about it on yelp...

Very nice, good service. Because of the high ceilings, marble walls, it does get loud. Pizza was good, all fresh ingredients and love that the pepperoni curls up.

Is this also an italian place or mostly pizza? My parents came down for dinner and we couldn't really come up with many good Italian near the downtown core. Would be great to have another option for that.

See my review on tripadvisor. Have been here multiple times and have yet to be disappointed. Good place and will continue to give them my business.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Michigan.html

Neilr, really got a great laugh out of "spit a pizza." Certainly I have misspelled, dropped words etc on this forum as have others but that's a classic.I am still laughing and I enjoy a good laugh