Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default MSX International to relocate headquarters to Detroit

This is small, but positive news:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130814/BIZ/308140087/1361/MSX-International-to-relocate-headquarters-to-Detroit

Does anyone know how many folks MSX employees Metro Detroit wide?

I actually think this is very big news. I worked for the company back in 2000-2002 before moving out of state. They were located in Southfield and occupied a huge high-rise building. They also had several other locations as well. They employ people all over the world although most in the US. My guess is they'll occupy quite a bit of square feet in whatever building they take up occupany. Quite possibly an entire structure. This is great news for the city. However, until the city becomes a safe and viable place to live, most workers will continue to commute, same as quicken and compuware employees.

Moving 12-15 employees to downtown out of 300+ is really moving their headquarters? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    I actually think this is very big news. I worked for the company back in 2000-2002 before moving out of state. They were located in Southfield and occupied a huge high-rise building. They also had several other locations as well. They employ people all over the world although most in the US. My guess is they'll occupy quite a bit of square feet in whatever building they take up occupany. Quite possibly an entire structure. This is great news for the city. However, until the city becomes a safe and viable place to live, most workers will continue to commute, same as quicken and compuware employees.
    Maybe in the future, but for this move, it says they will bring 12-15 employees and occupy 5000 sq ft.