Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ambassador Bridge tolls to increase

http://www.freep.com/article/2013081...-Detroit-tolls

I guess Matty needs more money for lawyers to try and prevent the new bridge from starting construction

Increasing the tolls sort of undercuts his argument about the lack of need for a second span. if there wasn't enough demand to support the bridge, he'd be lowering tolls to attract more traffic from other crossings.

That's to help defray the cost of the next window for the MCS....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    That's to help defray the cost of the next window for the MCS....
    Piss on Matty and his bridge... This just more of the rich tryin' to get richer. Until we the DRIC gets built, I'm taking the tunnel.

Nice one about buying a new window - I saw Wallside has buy one get one free, so if he buys one side of the building, he'd get the other free!

I'm sure it really irritates him that he's been rejected on several fronts. However, the glacial pace at which the new bridge is moving [[except for the Windsor road to nowhere) plays into his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Piss on Matty and his bridge... This just more of the rich tryin' to get richer. Until we the DRIC gets built, I'm taking the tunnel.
    Hell, Just drink 8 beers and swim across!

Burnsy might as well gauge us for all he can now. The DRIC is gonna get built and all his expensive legal obfuscations are merely the equivalent of an angry monkey hurling its own feces.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The tunnel, something you dont really hear too much about these days, but its the only way i will go across unless i go up to Blue Water Bridge. As for 8 beers and a swim, i would probably die from 8 beers but am sure that either the current or pollution would kill me if the beer didnt. Will leave 8 beers and swim for you to test.

sorry, couldn't resist.

Lily
    Last edited by Lily; August-14-13 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    The tunnel, something you dont really hear too much about these days, but its the only way i will go across unless i go up to Blue Water Bridge. As for 8 beers and a swim, i would probably die from 8 beers but am sure that either the current or pollution would kill me if the beer didnt. Will leave 8 beers and swim for you to test.

sorry, couldn't resist.

Lily
    NP. I was referring to the guy from Canada a few weeks ago who claimed he had 8 beers and swam across the Detroit Straits. As far as "the pollution killing you", don't believe all the wives tales. [[is THAT even politically correct these days?)

Pulling a coffin with you as any person doing that gonna need one... if the freighters or jet sky maniacs don't get you. That undertow will for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

I usually go over on the Blue Water bridge [[$3.50) but if I'm not in a hurry I like to take the Marine City/Sombra Ferry [[$7.00). It's a calming experience while you are crossing and on both sides of the water

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I usually go over on the Blue Water bridge [[$3.50) but if I'm not in a hurry I like to take the Marine City/Sombra Ferry [[$7.00). It's a calming experience while you are crossing and on both sides of the water
    I think that if I ever moved back to the Detroit area, I would like to live in Marine City.

Matty Maroun can suck it.

The Tunnel will match Maroun's price in less than a month - that is the past practice anyway. Why take less?