Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Letter from Bankruptcy Court to Detroit resident- Property Owner

Yesterday we received a letter addressed to the Property Owner, XXXX Drive Detroit, Mi. IT was from the City of Detroit,
    C/O KCC, 2335 Alaska Ave. El Segundo Ca. They are, I believe, an asset reorganization bankruptcy law firm.

The letter was a one page, both sides, Court notification to all interested parties and creditors notice of filing, it was rather boilerplate..

Has anyone else received such a letter. Is this important or just a formality. Thought I would ask others in this forum
    since many are knowledgeable about the bankruptcy

I imagine you need to respond to avert future aggravation. We had a neighbor that someone from New York thought they bought their house at auction. Addresses were posted incorrectly'.

Might mentioned that what they actually bought was a vibrant section 8 housing, apartment/condo unit ,it is now a burnt out hulk at the end of my street. Thanks New Yorker opportunists.

I am a little creeped cause people have been parking close or near our house lately just staring. I know the county is doing an auction.

My house is owned outright, taxes paid. . I sincerely pray I don't have to prove the county fucked up addresses once again. It is strange when people park in front and stare.
    Last edited by sumas; August-13-13 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    It is strange when people park in front and stare.
    Just start shooting at the tires, they will get the idea and leave!

All DPD and DFD retirees are receiving that letter also. Got mine yesterday. Standard notification to those who have an interest in bankruptcy proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    All DPD and DFD retirees are receiving that letter also. Got mine yesterday. Standard notification to those who have an interest in bankruptcy proceedings.
    Got mine, addressed to me, yesterday.

One came to my husband yesterday....COD employee. Didn't live long enough for a pension - only worked for the city for 14 years instead of the required 16. I pitched the letter....they have a copy of the death certificate....Such is life [[and death).

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Just start shooting at the tires, they will get the idea and leave!
    Good laugh! Maybe the house next door? Serious though, my neighbor, really did have to prove his home wasn't what was on the "block". a few years back.

uke, I am sorry for your loss, wish/hope/pray things work out for you.

Thanx sumas...it's been two years...one foot in front of the other. He worked for a great department and his co-workers were there for him!

My mother, who did some work for the city several years ago [[for which she has long since been paid), has received a small pile of these letters so far - under some different variations of her name and sent to a couple of addresses. I think they're sending them out to everyone whose name is in their various payment systems.

We never worked for the City of Detroit, but it appears this could also apply to people who are owed back overpaid property taxes by the City of Detroit.

Several years in a row we were over assessed and the amount was lowered on appeal, but they City never fully refunded the excess paid. This could also apply to tax refunds. Am trying to find out more.

City property tax site has been down on and off for days.

Eastside al,

i can confirm that. The city owes the company i work for zero and between bankruptcy court paperwork, and companies wanting to buy back what they owe us for cents on the dollar, i have filled two files. Total waste of money [[again)