Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Broderick Grill?

Has anyone noticed any activity for the Broderick Grill? Hopefully it will be a place that serves breakfast and not just open for lunch and dinner.

I facebook messaged the development, and their office was saying roughly 10 weeks, and this was July 20th I heard from them. So roughly end of September it should be getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    I facebook messaged the development, and their office was saying roughly 10 weeks, and this was July 20th I heard from them. So roughly end of September it should be getting close.
    well, they also said it would be ready 6 months after the apartments opened [[which opened 2 months late)...

They also said there would be exterior lighting on the building like it used to have. Still waiting.

That's funny I was just thinking about this same thing? They should have been open by now? what's the hold up ? that corner needs to be busier

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    That's funny I was just thinking about this same thing? They should have been open by now? what's the hold up ? that corner needs to be busier
    I love how everyone thinks that residential and a restaurant will bring foot traffic...

Ever gone to the northeast corner of Downtown Chicago? There's tons of restaurants and residential high-rises. Foot traffic? None. Save for an occasional person walking home.

Residential doesn't create foot traffic. Businesses do. And I'm not talking about restaurants. Cheli's used to have regular hours, and nobody was ever there, and that's just across the park. People heading to and from work, or to and from lunch. Office space has five times the people per square-foot as residential, not to mention, has other people coming and going at all hours of the day.

Until there is more office space on the north end of the CBD, there won't be much foot traffic around the Broderick, outside of special events downtown.

Agreed, esp. I would think that Campbell-Ewald will help though.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    I love how everyone thinks that residential and a restaurant will bring foot traffic...

Ever gone to the northeast corner of Downtown Chicago? There's tons of restaurants and residential high-rises. Foot traffic? None. Save for an occasional person walking home.

Residential doesn't create foot traffic. Businesses do. And I'm not talking about restaurants. Cheli's used to have regular hours, and nobody was ever there, and that's just across the park. People heading to and from work, or to and from lunch. Office space has five times the people per square-foot as residential, not to mention, has other people coming and going at all hours of the day.

Until there is more office space on the north end of the CBD, there won't be much foot traffic around the Broderick, outside of special events downtown.
    Don't forget the Chinese place accross from Orchestra Hall. One would think you wouldn't be able to get a table there, yet the place was dead empty, even with OH parking right behind them.

Well there will be a Brnad new hotel right across the street and new apartments so I would think they would have some "foot" traffic?
    ?

That should read Brand new hotel and apartments

Just like the building rehab itself, it took about 10 years of talking for this to happen.

Good to have a tenant.

Menu seems boring from what I read but hopefully well executed.