Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I'm starting to really like this show! Reason being is because I like actual shows, dialogue and all. I dont want it to be too fast, or too slow. The storyline is good. I'm hoping they extend it to atleast two more seasons. They have to get deeper into this storyline.

Not to nitpick, but they need better voice coaching.

When Geddes referred to the paper, he pronounce 'free press' like someone would when discussing the Constitution, not the way we say Free Press as practically one word.

And I cringed when the female detective pronounced Gratiot to rhyme with ratchet.

Just started watching in on Comcast on demand. I'm only up to the third episode, but have been mildly liking it so far.

Lotsa Cass Corridor last night.

Does anyone know if Low Winter Sun is equivalent to Low Summer Ratings? Last time I looked it wasn't placing in the cable top 50. Still, I love this show, for the Detroit stuff alone.

From everything I've read, this is considered a ratings bust. Breaking Bad, the lead in, is one of the highest rated shows and certainly has the most buzz right now with the finale just a couple of weeks away, yet Low Winter Sun is keeping a small fraction of its viewers. AMC can't be happy with the results in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by jolla View Post
    Not to nitpick, but they need better voice coaching.

When Geddes referred to the paper, he pronounce 'free press' like someone would when discussing the Constitution, not the way we say Free Press as practically one word.

And I cringed when the female detective pronounced Gratiot to rhyme with ratchet.
    Thank you. At least the Brit probably couldn't help himself. He's doing great with his American accent.

That Gratiot was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    What is the history of "The International," the bar next door to Serman's? I know it was called the Baltimore Bar & Grill some time back. Is it open now or is it being used as a set? I seem to recall it being called something else back in the day. Anyone?
    It's open. I was in there a few months back.

Found this on YouTube about the show. Seems the actors like working in Detroit and it seems that the city has embraced them being here. Now if only the viewers would do the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU5GFzuezTg

I liked 187 better, and can't believe that one didn't make it, but this one shows promise too. It is slow, a bit, but that's character development, I suppose. I'm willing to watch a few more times.

Does anyone know who the singer is at the start of each show.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    http://blogs.amctv.com/low-winter-su...n-title-theme/

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Bettye Lavette....a Native Detroiter..

ive watched em all. Not a bad show. Not my favorite show. I have liked some of the actors in the past. I plan to continue watching but I'll be surprised if it gets the reup

slot after Breaking Bad was some serious training wheels.

I like the acting and of course the setting, but the writing is really weak. The main plotline had such potential too.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    slot after Breaking Bad was some serious training wheels.
    With DVRs, lead-in shows don't help like they used to.

Has anyone heard if this show has been renewed as of yet? if not when might we know? I kinda liked it if they get away from the cop murder cover-up angle.

I read 2 articles last wk. describing renewal chances as "long shots." Not sure when the decision will be made.

I finished watching this last night. The last episode was billed as a two-hour finale, but in truth was just two episodes shown back to back. The first hour of the finale, "Ann Arbor" was by far the best episode of the series, and one of the finest hours of TV I have seen in awhile. I started off lying on the couch thinking I'd probably doze off or be switching over to the Tigers game as soon as that started, but I was hooked. The acting was great, the suspense was razor sharp, and it gave me hope that things could really progress.

Then, the second hour took place and pretty much undid everything that was good with the first hour. Very frustrating.

Overall, I started watching because it was set in Detroit. I kept watching because it was mildly interesting. I finished watching because by the time I hit the halfway point, I was just curious as to what was going to happen.

I doubt it will get renewed but I can't say I'll watch if it does. Nice try.

I'd agree, the finale was probably the best episode [[or two episodes, however you want to look at it). I started off mildly liking the show, enough to keep me interested. But I felt like the writing got stronger as the season went on. The guy playing Frank does a nice job working between being a good cop and covering his ass, and the Ann Arbor episode was a really well written episode. Hopefully it gets picked up for another season or two. I'd really like to see how things progress. But with a lot of people watching via dvr, ratings probably were not as high as they could be. Is there a way that these networks can come up with a figure of how many people are watching the show vis dvr?

All in all I've liked the show from the start. The sad thing is, it seems that they've wrapped everything up in a nice tidy package so if it does not get renewed, nothing is left hanging.

The show has been cancelled

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/06/showbi...n-canceled-ew/

There's the CNN article for it. Do not care, knew it was a goner from episode 1.

I bailed after the 4th episode. It was to hard to follow on a week to week basis for me. I would do better with a dvd of the full season watched over a long weekend. If they come out with a dvd I'll get it and watch it. I feel bad for the locals that worked on the production.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3