Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit News Interactive Major Crimes Map Deactivated?

Anyone know if the Detroit News Interactive Major Crimes Map site has been deactivated? I can't get it to load, and the last few times I clicked to see what was new in July, it was giving me July 2012 incidents when I clicked on July 2013.

http://www.crimemapping.com

Yeah its been deactivated for Detroit and other nearby cities for about a month. If you type in an address it goes to another closest street in another state. You can type in Detroit, MI but it still does not work properly. Maybe Detroit is not longer participating.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-11-13 at 02:34 AM.

That's not the site I was referring to. This is the link..... http://www.detroitnews.com/article/9...AL01/120606001 I just got it loaded, but don't see any August info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    http://www.crimemapping.com

Yeah its been deactivated for Detroit and other nearby cities for about a month. If you type in an address it goes to another closest street in another state. You can type in Detroit, MI but it still does not work properly. Maybe Detroit is not longer participating.
    Ok, I was just able to pull up stats on your link for dates between 8-4-13 and 8-10-13. Grumpy's right, her map's last update was 5-1-12, leading me to believe the Detroit Noose just copied their map for a one time article. On your's, click on "MI", [[the one that looks like a mitten), then from the drop down box, choose "Detroit Police".

^^^ From the pull down you can select Detroit Police then you get the whole city and a scale, but you have to close down the 'select' window and search manually for an area/ street. You can no longer 'type' in an address up top easily as you once could - it defaults to another state. Thanks for the work around though. At least I can get it to work now.

Phaps the major crime problem has been fixed
    new police chief 'd

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Phaps the major crime problem has been fixed
    new police chief 'd
    Not only that, he's SO good, he fixed crime retroactively back to 5-1-12!

Hah! HE IS GOOD! ------