Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    When I heard about having someone else build, own and lease that jail to the county... the first thing that came to mind was the Old County Building....

Back when Bill Lucas was County Exec, his team came up with the brilliant plan to sell the building, have the company that bought it fix it up, and lease it back to the county.... great idea!! Except the county paid over $100 million in over 20 years to lease the building back, when they could have leased elsewhere for less. Does anyone else feel Deja Vu??
    Not trying to sway too far off topic but whatever happened with the county being on the hook for some $5 million for leaving furniture and files at the Old County Building? I seem to remember Ficano throwing around the idea of buying it back from the current owners or something.

When I heard about having someone else build, own and lease that jail to the county... the first thing that came to mind was the Old County Building....

Back when Bill Lucas was County Exec, his team came up with the brilliant plan to sell the building, have the company that bought it fix it up, and lease it back to the county.... great idea!! Except the county paid over $100 million in over 20 years to lease the building back, when they could have leased elsewhere for less. Does anyone else feel Deja Vu??
    It's like Deja Vu all over again.

So now i hear the county is giving some presentation tomorrow on what to do with the jail fiasco. What's the difficulty, we've lost a ton in cost overruns which the county may [[or may not) have known were coming. There are multiple prospective buyers out there, cut the losses, sell it, stop the massive bleeding.

Move on.

Lily

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    So now i hear the county is giving some presentation tomorrow on what to do with the jail fiasco. What's the difficulty, we've lost a ton in cost overruns which the county may [[or may not) have known were coming. There are multiple prospective buyers out there, cut the losses, sell it, stop the massive bleeding.

Move on.

Lily
    WHAT? And lose an opportunity to line your pockets even more? This project is totally mismanaged, the cost overruns are staggering, and apparently he's not done wasting taxpayer money yet. The Ficano clown has gotta go. And no way should Napolean be elected mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Lol...it doesn't surprise me to see this. The story from the OP just felt odd considering nothing official was announced and the story was based on info from "sources." I guess Wayne County could always say "none of the 3 remaining are viable." But then why bother with narrowing down to 3?

UPDATE. STATE to partner up. Synerder tell Fuckano to move it to Mound. I wonder if any pressure was made on the Governor by some developer or is this just fiscal oversight.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/states-offers-partnership-to-salvage-wayne-county-jail-project/-/1719418/21468944/-/xt11gr/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Newdetroit View Post
    UPDATE. STATE to partner up. Synerder tell Fuckano to move it to Mound. I wonder if any pressure was made on the Governor by some developer or is this just fiscal oversight.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/states-offers-partnership-to-salvage-wayne-county-jail-project/-/1719418/21468944/-/xt11gr/-/index.html
    Probably the governor saying "Jesus Christ, how did this guy ever get re-elected? And why hasn't he been recalled for being so god damn incompetent?" The Gov wants Detroit to work because he knows when Detroit works, the state works. He's just trying to put some people in their place and get things working in a non-dysfunctional manner.

That man is a menace to Wayne County. 300 milion on a build and destroy project. 1.8 million county residents. I know its not so simple as dividing the 2 numbers but thats around 160 dollars for every man woman and child. There are plenty of people in Wayne Co. that probably consider that a lot of $$$.

Whats wrong with him?
    Last edited by rex; August-15-13 at 11:19 AM.

News Alert: Wayne County board voted unanimously to terminate construction contracts and end work on the over budget jail construction project.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151852885497994&id=3636 58042993

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    News Alert: Wayne County board voted unanimously to terminate construction contracts and end work on the over budget jail construction project.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151852885497994&id=3636 58042993
    Thanks for that Spartan... but I just Googled the story... and it's mentioned in every online news service from Miami to Idaho... but not in any local news source??? [[Freep, DNews, Crains, Clickon, etc)... WTF??

Thanks for that Spartan... but I just Googled the story... and it's mentioned in every online news service from Miami to Idaho... but not in any local news source??? [[Freep, DNews, Crains, Clickon, etc)... WTF??
    well, there's this from Fox:
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...ject-contracts

Here's a couple other articles on the topic as well:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ne-County-jail

and this:
    http://www.freep.com/article/20130724/NEWS01/307240149/

Thanks Spartan... but I was referring specifically to the Wayne County Commissioners vote to end it all [[more than just the 60 day moratorium).

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    WHAT? And lose an opportunity to line your pockets even more? This project is totally mismanaged, the cost overruns are staggering, and apparently he's not done wasting taxpayer money yet. The Ficano clown has gotta go. And no way should Napolean be elected mayor.
    Silly me, i should have said lets let him misappropriate a few million more of our tax dollars, screw with the contract they are now breaking and then get him the heck out. He should resign, but not enough class for that, recall [[if possible) or better yet KICK HIS ARS OUT. His plan isn't working.

End this joke, take our losses and again Stop The Bleeding.

lily

Thanks Spartan... but I was referring specifically to the Wayne County Commissioners vote to end it all [[more than just the 60 day moratorium).
    yeah, that first article from Fox discusses that. The others were just others on the topic that I found.

I'm baffled that Wayne County residents haven't recalled this clown yet. I'm sure he'll have his day with McQuade, but Wayne County doesn't have to wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Silly me, i should have said lets let him misappropriate a few million more of our tax dollars, screw with the contract they are now breaking and then get him the heck out. He should resign, but not enough class for that, recall [[if possible) or better yet KICK HIS ARS OUT. His plan isn't working.

End this joke, take our losses and again Stop The Bleeding.

lily
    YES to all the above.

the rest of the wayne county commissioners have been rubber stamping ficanos stuff for the past years.

getting rid of ficano is a good start, but everyone else has to go as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2