Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Channel 4 NEWS " LIVE in the D"

Has anyone notice the short promo highlighting the "Live in the D" on Channel 4 NEWS, coming Monday 11am? Is this sort of like the "Today Show", often hosting shows outside, weather forecasting report , concerts etc? Having being the only broadcasting company Downtown, are they opening up to engage all the workers, residents and visitors in the area and bring excitement along the streets?

I always thought of them relocating to a small space overlooking Campus Martius Park in the background, for morning shows and special concert events. Their present building downtown is tucked away, dark and isolated. I'm curious to see what this show is all about?

Check it out: http://www.clickondetroit.com/seenon...z/-/index.html
    Last edited by gthomas; August-09-13 at 07:19 PM.

I started seeing the promos earlier in the week. I'm kind of curious to see the 'show' myself. Karen Drew's got a wondefully bubbly personality.

Rhonda Walker has THE best spirit on Channel 4 NEWS, but I do hope the "LIVE in the D" show is similar to my "assumption" idea. That will be cool for downtown! I'm surprised they haven't added some huge LED screens on buildings, or how about covering the facade of parking garages showing their news coverage's? I think they're starting to get the "Gilbert fever" effect.

You will probably see more of Sam Bernstein and his family than any of the
    talent mentioned.

Or Mike wins.....or the atty "he is good".

I decided to tune into "Live in the D" and didn't enjoy it at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    I decided to tune into "Live in the D" and didn't enjoy it at all!!
    Live at the D is Detroit's version of the Today Show. Give it some time for them to create some segments. Then action begins. Next thing that Live at the D will do provide local and national concerts in Campus Martius Park and whole audience waiting and holding signs in the gate while having their live studio inside first floor of the Compuware Building.

This would the new inntroduction for Live at the D.

" From WDIV Channel 4 News, This is Live at the D. With Ronda Walker and Devin Scillian. Live in studio 4A in Compuware Building!'

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Live at the D is Detroit's version of the Today Show. Give it some time for them to create some segments. Then action begins. Next thing that Live at the D will do provide local and national concerts in Campus Martius Park and whole audience waiting and holding signs in the gate while having their live studio inside first floor of the Compuware Building.

This would the new inntroduction for Live at the D.

" From WDIV Channel 4 News, This is Live at the D. With Ronda Walker and Devin Scillian. Live in studio 4A in Compuware Building!'
    This was my thoughts, but we will see. I think we need younger, more energetic host for this show. I hope it approves and actually become something to look forward to, in downtown. Chicago has a similar concept, your're so close to them, only a glass wall storefront is separated from guess along the street.

You could have a chopper spot crime outside downtown. "Let's go to our 'Live From the Hood' segment for a carjacking on the near east side!"

Please bring back Kelley and Co. !!