Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default As if you needed more proof most of the City Council is completely crazy...

Watch the video of Martha Reeves. She's absolutely insane:

http://detnews.com/article/20090710/...x-Synagro-exec

what the hell....should be outta politics and performing

I don't know what she did that makes you say she's completely crazy because after she started that horrific singing I closed out the video. Is that what you were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I don't know what she did that makes you say she's completely crazy because after she started that horrific singing I closed out the video. Is that what you were talking about?

If you look at the end of the video her bodyguard gets into an argument with the reporter, then Martha jumps up and starts singing again. It's surreal.

At least she sang! She still has that, right? Right? Right? Um... Right? That was singing, right?

I was fine with her until she started getting super defensive about the Synagro campaign donation. When her bodyguard jumped in all threatening because she was throwing a tantrum, that was scary, because after everything was settled down and she said she was fine, he wouldn't drop it. Then I lost her for good when she started singing again, although I must say, she did much better on that song. Why she sang the first song was understandable, she was asked to do it, or she asked to do it, as a tribute to MJ, which makes sense since she IS Martha Reeves, Motown singer.

Gets interesting around the 16min. mark

She's either on medication or needs some.

oh man, I wish i was there! nutjob city!!!!!

The voters knew who they were voting for, and got what they apparently wanted.

Mongo has one hell of a great idea there. I know I'd be fascinated if HBO came out with a comedy/drama series about the movers and shakers in Detroit. It could be named similar to The Sopranos and called The CAYMACs or named similar to Weeds and called Bribes. Maybe The Microphone like The Wire or just simply Detroit like Deadwood.

the first episode could start with Bill Bonds interviewing Coleman Young and end with Coleman's Hawaiin interview. They could title the episode Aloha Mother Fuckers.

Okay, now that I've watched a large chunk of this video I have to ask, why does Charlie even do these videos? They all looked like fools. Martha is obviously defensive because she's done something she shouldn't have done. If you're as innocent as she claims then you wouldn't be that defensive. But her being crooked is not a shock or surprise to me. Her comment about being an "international spokesperson" for Detroit is hysterical. We don't need her airheaded ass speaking for us. As for the singing, well damn . . . I don't know if it can be labeled as singing. I thought a cat got caught in some machine gears or something. Who knew?

I can't believe people pay to hear her "sing". She sounds absolutely HORRID. I was so embarrassed watching that. She's honestly never been much of a singer to begin with, but now its just painful to witness. Does she not have any friends who would be honest with her?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I can't believe people pay to hear her "sing". She sounds absolutely HORRID. I was so embarrassed watching that. She's honestly never been much of a singer to begin with, but now its just painful to witness. Does she not have any friends who would be honest with her?
    I can't imagine that any hangers on that would associate with her could be considered her "friends". Maybe paid 'consultants" or "bodyguards", but not friends. It's easy to be tone deaf if you are compensated enough.

My hunch is that being a bodyguard for MR isn't all that exciting.

That clown seemed to be aching for an opportunity to act tough even though the situation didn't call for it.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    My hunch is that being a bodyguard for MR isn't all that exciting.

That clown seemed to be aching for an opportunity to act tough even though the situation didn't call for it.
    Well Charlie can get under your skin, or so it seems, anyway. I suppose it's pretty easy to get tough with someone that you KNOW can't react back. Quite a different story elsewhere, without the camera, and your job on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Okay, now that I've watched a large chunk of this video I have to ask, why does Charlie even do these videos? They all looked like fools.

You just answered your own question. The whole point is to make them look like fools. People enjoy being entertained, and fools make for a good show.

And we all know suburbanites love nothing more than to look down on Detroit's idiotic leaders. It justifies those huge suburban mortgage payments and property taxes: "I know I'm going broke trying to keep up, but at least I don't live in Detroit."

The real question is: Why would anyone agree to be interviewed for these videos, since it's obvious the aim is to make them look foolish?

dexterferry Guest

and charlie leduff=suburbanite. has he ever lived in the city?

after she started that horrific singing I closed out the video.
    O M G....

how FUNNY!

i read the first post, clicked the link, started watching and then
    after she started that horrific singing I closed out the video.
    just like Crumbled Pavement did. but i did it without reading what CP had done...

When Newspapers try to be become TV? Desperate times require desperate measures, I guess.

As for her singing, the atrocious acoustics and cheap recording would be the death of anybody. The voice is still there but she needs a studio not a coney.