Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A healthier Detroit!

Mens Fitness Magazine Rates Detroit at #12 for Fattest US. Cities. Down from #1 in 2004 and #3 in 2005.

http://www.mensfitness.com/lifestyle/215

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/5137.php

I believe Michigan as a State was ranked #12 as well

Exercise Man is making progress, but there is more yet to be done.

http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=905

Sweet! Congratulations Detroit on the improvement. That magazine cracks me up sometimes with things like handing out an F+ in certain categories.

Retroit Guest

Glad to see the benefits of poverty and hunger finally kicking in!

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Glad to see the benefits of poverty and hunger finally kicking in!
    Shut the hell up, troll.

On a side note, Europe has banned HFCS. Which is curious because I once saw a TV commercial telling me that it was perfectly safe and all the bad things about it are just myths. Don't they watch TV in Europe? Then maybe they'd know its okay.

Notice that cities with high minority populations are among the fattest while the lily white places like Colorado Springs and Salt Lake City are the two skinniest I'm not sure much effort has been made in the minority communities to educate as to diet. The same is true of rednecks as Alabama, Mississippi etc lead the state list for obesity.

I'm 5'10 177 and like to eat but also workout each day. When the scales hit 180 I pretty much starve myself for a few days.

Retroit Guest

Yes, Ocean2026 [[from one "troll" to another), I've noticed. Maybe it's because a white person's idea of staying healthy is eating a salad, and a black person's idea of staying healthy is not getting shot at the bus stop.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Yes, Ocean2026 [[from one "troll" to another), I've noticed. Maybe it's because a white person's idea of staying healthy is eating a salad, and a black person's idea of staying healthy is not getting shot at the bus stop.
    If you aren't a troll, that implies that you actually believe what you post. I think I'd rather be a troll.

Me too Bear! I'm sure whites are to blame for the obesity of Blacks but wait a second, if a Black person's idea of health is to not get shot at the bus who really is to blame? What is the percent chance that a white person is going to be there to shoot him.

My post was factual. Whites and Blacks should do more in the sense of nutritional education. Blacks not being able to worry about health because they are in fear of their lives, doesn't say much for their community does it?