Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Telegraph Rd. Between Ann Arbor Trail & Ford Rd. [[8/3/13)

Does anyone know what was going on yesterday evening around 6pm on this stretch of Telegraph Rd? Police had Telegraph shut down between this stretch of road in both directions. At Warren & Telegraph, it looked like a utility pole was leaning and the utility company was out doing something. However, Telegraph Rd. was closed for a much larger section of road than just at the Warren intersection.

Thanks.

pavement crumbling?

Nah, must'a been someone meddling........

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Zacha thing to say......

I think I've tonked myself out for the evening. Perhaps the 11oclock news will tell what the deal on Telegraph was!

I think I've tonked myself out for the evening. Perhaps the 11oclock news will tell what the deal on Telegraph was!
    Keep us "in the loop"....

From the departments we saw, dearborn, dearborn hts and msp, i would guess, serious. Telegraph closed from warren at shell station down south a mile or so. We were directed off telegraph, tried to take outer drive down toward hines dr and it was blocked too.

we have listened but heard nothing on the news, would be interested because that was a lot of police precesence near us.

I work in Dearborn and policing has increased over the last two weeks. There have been several bad accidents along Ford Rd. and Telegraph near Ford and Michigan and they are determined to stop the speeders who are coming thru those areas. I've heard nothing about this particular issue along Telegraph...

For them to close off a road it may have been a fatal accident. These happen often enough at the regional level they are not covered by the news. Statewide there has been several hundred fatal accidents so far this year.

The scary thing is that the number of these is going down!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    For them to close off a road it may have been a fatal accident. These happen often enough at the regional level they are not covered by the news.
    I'm going to assume that is what happened. I was just surprised they closed off such a large section of the road, in both directions too. I asked one local business on Telegraph if they knew what happened and they said they weren't aware of the road closure.

Zacha, always the quick witted. Good one!

Ford was running the new mustang without camo