Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What the MUCK?! Messy Run Planned for Belle Isle 8/3/2013

I've been watching earth-movers and other odd installations all over Belle Isle the past week or so...and had no idea what was happening until finally searching today for a reason why they were filling the nice new HUGE holes they dug with water. I thought they were installing picnic shelters or something at first.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...t_info_detroit

Their PR didn't do so great a job...but it looks like a big amount of fun for a good cause.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; August-02-13 at 05:49 PM.

Festival brought to you by Tide detergent. Not kidding.

What the CLUCK!? Orange color is a bit much. Sound like fun for the participants...

Where are they holding this event? What part of the Island?

I hope they fill it back in after they're done, and don't just leave it sitting there like Penske's parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
    Where are they holding this event? What part of the Island?
    Looks like they put the staging area on that huge tarmac by the fountain, with the starting line in the grassy area on the Canadian side just east of there. The course runs the length of the island along that southern side past the Coast Guard station, but I cannot see where it goes after the parking lot for Hipster Beach.

There are all sorts of obstacles...like basic training exercises. Apparently they time you through it all, some are more attentive to the clock though. Some seem to be in it for the muck.