Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Mayoral write-in candidate Mike Dugeon carjacked on Detroit's west side

You can't make this stuff up... it's been a wild last few days and now this!

Mike Dugeon, the Detroit barber turned write-in candidate for mayor, tells FOX 2 he was the victim of a carjacking on the city's west side earlier this week.

Surveillance video obtained by FOX 2 shows Dugeon already in his vehicle Wednesday night in an area on Wyoming and Eaton when two armed men walked up to the driver door and demanded he give up his red Pontiac Grand Prix.

After a brief exchange, Dugeon backed away from the suspects, who eventually drove away in the vehicle.

Dugeon says he was not hurt during the exchange.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-02-13 at 11:11 AM.

Too much coincidence. Reminds me of the many "kidnappings" of Curtis Sliwa in New York.

^^^ Publicity stunt? Ugly considering how many people are getting ganked in real life.

Well, call me cynical, but, yeah, when a guy has just been put in the news in some shady circumstance, and it's the last full news day before the primary election, and he is the victim of a crime that is very public, my antennae go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Too much coincidence. Reminds me of the many "kidnappings" of Curtis Sliwa in New York.
    I hope this wasn't faked. If not I'm glad he wasn't hurt but I have a hard time believing anything about this guy!
    Yeah. Just when people were beginning to stop talking about him. A perfect way to get your name in the news one more time before the election. Ugh. Just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    You can't make this stuff up... it's been a wild last few days and now this!

Mike Dugeon, the Detroit barber turned write-in candidate for mayor, tells FOX 2 he was the victim of a carjacking on the city's west side earlier this week.

Surveillance video obtained by FOX 2 shows Dugeon already in his vehicle Wednesday night in an area on Wyoming and Eaton when two armed men walked up to the driver door and demanded he give up his red Pontiac Grand Prix.

After a brief exchange, Dugeon backed away from the suspects, who eventually drove away in the vehicle.

Dugeon says he was not hurt during the exchange.
    Somebody wants him out of the picture?

Talk about "15 minutes of fame"... Dudgeon is having his moment for better or worse.

Tell me about it... just GO. Fun day and late night for the election workers. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    A perfect way to get your name in the news one more time before the election. Ugh. Just go away.

Hah! For sure... Next he'll have a dedicated youtube channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Talk about "15 minutes of fame"... Dudgeon is having his moment for better or worse.

I'm betting on publicity stunt. Needs to get his name back out there after the ballot fiasco. Let's see if those carjackers have links to the Wayne County machine.

Ah, so I'm not alone. Maybe you CAN make this stuff up!

Oh, wait, the OTHER write-candidate. Was this one also thrown off the ballot?

I don't believe a word that comes out of that guys mouth. When they find out it's bullshit I hope they go after him for filing a false police report.

Every image I see I doubt this incident more and more. Was he smiling AFTER the carjacking?

How did this manage to go down right in front of a camera?

Furthermore, the Free Press is exercising a bit of caution here.

"Detroit mayoral candidate Mike Dugeon ... said he was carjacked this week."

He loyal customers won't even go to his barbershop. Thanks a heap! Napoleon. Still selling out the black community by selling Mike Dugeon.

He kind of looks like Prince Fielder

A good rule of thumb is that if you live in Detroit you will get carjacked at some point. Especially if you go to liquor stores on Wyoming. RIGHT?

I keep my house keys and my car keys on different key chains for just that reason. That way I can just walk back to my house and the car thieves won't have keys to my house. Of course, I will likely get mugged on the way back to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    A good rule of thumb is that if you live in Detroit you will get carjacked at some point. Especially if you go to liquor stores on Wyoming. RIGHT?

I keep my house keys and my car keys on different key chains for just that reason. That way I can just walk back to my house and the car thieves won't have keys to my house. Of course, I will likely get mugged on the way back to my house.
    I do the same thing with my keys.

And it's true that you do have a higher probability of getting car jacked on 7 Mile and Schoenherr than you do on 9 Mile and Schoenherr. This is especially true if you have a nice, newer ride such as a Dodge Charger.

That why, as much as I dislike Warrentucky [[which is essentially a white ghetto), I'd rather travel a few blocks across 8 Mile to take care of most of my business than to do so in the neighborhood.