Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Father of 24 found dead inside Detroit building

Incredibly sad when someone so young passes away under any circumstances and leaves behind a family.

But Dayum! Dude had 24 kids at 45? That is equivalent to 216 months of gestation periods. That's equivalent to 18 years of being an expectant dad.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22...troit-building

I don't agree. He fulfilled the biological imperative to pass on his genes. Let's hope they were great genes as he created a huge gene pool. He did more of that more successfully than most humans do in a long lifetime. And he did it in the inner city of Detroit! Usually a man would have to be wealthy and keep a harem in the middle east or a big rich farm in Africa to have so many sons and daughters to praise his name.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I don't agree. He fulfilled the biological imperative to pass on his genes. Let's hope they were great genes as he created a huge gene pool. He did more of that more successfully than most humans do in a long lifetime. And he did it in the inner city of Detroit! Usually a man would have to be wealthy and keep a harem in the middle east or a big rich farm in Africa to have so many sons and daughters to praise his name.
    He did this and was able to fully support all of them? If so, wonderful and great for him. HOWEVER, if he was living off the public dime because of his actions then, no matter how good he was, he still took from others to support his family.

That may sound harsh but it is the truth.

Some of us would rather invest in relationships/other people over things. I can't take my toys/cars/second home with me when I die. We each have an opportunity to make a difference in 24 lives that should outlive ours. What you do with that opportunity is your decision.

I feel terrible for those kids who lost their dad. I don't agree with his having so many children but who cares, a [[from all accounts) loving father is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    He did this and was able to fully support all of them? If so, wonderful and great for him. HOWEVER, if he was living off the public dime because of his actions then, no matter how good he was, he still took from others to support his family.

That may sound harsh but it is the truth.
    It's not harsh and it is the truth. If you cannot support the kids, you are doing them a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    It's not harsh and it is the truth. If you cannot support the kids, you are doing them a disservice.
    I completely agree but I have learned that in order to get any sort of critical/productive feedback on this board, you need to be somewhat sympathetic with the subject matter. Speaking the flat out truth seems to be unacceptable.

People like this [[and the Duggars) do a disservice to all of nature. They do nothing to help reduce the human infestation of the world.

I read on the comment section on the article that he owned several businesses and was a PAL coach and was in all of his children's lives and NOT on any aid at all so........

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    I read on the comment section on the article that he owned several businesses and was a PAL coach and was in all of his children's lives and NOT on any aid at all so........
    so, if this is the case then it is even a bigger tragedy to the family, community, city, and mankind as he would have been setting the example of personal responsibility to those he parented/mentored.

I completely agree but I have learned that in order to get any sort of critical/productive feedback on this board, you need to be somewhat sympathetic with the subject matter. Speaking the flat out truth seems to be unacceptable.
    And since you had no idea if this was accurate or not, you may as well run your mouth off-topic. Hell, maybe the guy was a habitual speeder, too. Or maybe he never cut his grass. What a scourge on society he may/may not be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    And since you had no idea if this was accurate or not, you may as well run your mouth off-topic. Hell, maybe the guy was a habitual speeder, too. Or maybe he never cut his grass. What a scourge on society he may/may not be!!!
    I can post whatever I damn well please. I admitted I had no idea if it was accurate or not if you could have read my previous posts.

Thread is an embarrassment.

It's curious [[not really) who gets deemed worthy of empathy and who doesn't.

My cousin has 7 children by 5 women. He works and is involved in all of their lives.

An octengenarian I know has 20+ plus. He just got done putting the youngest [[22) through Michigan State.

Yeah, I know how this goes...

Irresponsible Welfare Cheater

Medical Miracle

See also:

Opportunistic Looter

Disaster Victims Just Trying to Survive

I can post whatever I damn well please. I admitted I had no idea if it was accurate or not if you could have read my previous posts.
    Yeah, you can continue to "speak the truth" all you want. Then blame this board for not agreeing with you.

Thanks for the info.

A little info is always a good thing.

And, by the way, I'm white. It's hard to educate my white brothers and sisters on this sort of stuff, but I think that together, as white people, we can rise above the hardships of arguing online while our coffee goes cold.

http://gawker.com/video-of-violent-r...re-o-954939719

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Thread is an embarrassment.

It's curious [[not really) who gets deemed worthy of empathy and who doesn't.

My cousin has 7 children by 5 women. He works and is involved in all of their lives.

An octengenarian I know has 20+ plus. He just got done putting the youngest [[22) through Michigan State.
    See. Very commendable. And the father to those 24 kids was supposedly setting up that building that he died in for an "open house" dinner to celebrate one of those 24 kids going of to college this fall.

And yet, and yet - although he is reported to own several businesses in SW Detroit and owe no one, Deon Taylor has not paid any taxes on his house on Chopin [[that IS in SW Detroit) for several years and it is foreclosed since 2010.
    So like many Detroiters, he just does not pay.

this a Spot on post

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yeah, I know how this goes...

Irresponsible Welfare Cheater

Medical Miracle

See also:

Opportunistic Looter

Disaster Victims Just Trying to Survive

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    And yet, and yet - although he is reported to own several businesses in SW Detroit and owe no one, Deon Taylor has not paid any taxes on his house on Chopin [[that IS in SW Detroit) for several years and it is foreclosed since 2010.
    So like many Detroiters, he just does not pay.
    Lots of people fall behind on their taxes. It doesn't mean he didn't take care of his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Yeah, you can continue to "speak the truth" all you want. Then blame this board for not agreeing with you.
    Congratulations on your promotion to Board Spokesman.

Lots of people fall behind on their taxes. It doesn't mean he didn't take care of his kids.
    I guess in the whole scheme of things he put his kids over other bills, but he still overextended himself for sure.

I guess in the whole scheme of things he put his kids over other bills, but he still overextended himself for sure.
    Perhaps. He obviously didn't overextend himself in love though. Every family should have a picture like the one they showed of him with his family. Not a posed one with fake or polite smiles, but one where it's so obvious they delight in one another and are happy to be together. I'm glad they shared that picture.

I pay all of my bills. I love and enjoy my children. I could have afforded more children but I knew I didn't have enough, let's say "nurturing", for any more.

So, if he has done the good job they say he has done with his children, I don't even care if he has had public assistance at some point. Society needs people who can raise good citizens [[rich or poor).

BTW, my parents received public assistance for some portion of my childhood. My siblings and I have more than made up for everything they received in our contributions back to society and the contributions our children are also now making.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Congratulations on your promotion to Board Spokesman.
    Thanks, but I was only repeating the poster I quoted. I wasn't speaking for anyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast