Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Fat burgers ?

Default Fat burgers ?

I knew that we had a fat burger was in Southfield,now closed, and rumor had, it for a while that a fat burger was coming to Midtown, well it seems like they will be open soon !
    Being from the LA area I think this might work. The foot traffic ago is much better than the old Southfield location.
    Now if we can just get In and Out Burger ! Living in Detroit will be a little easier :-) , heck why not throw in Jack in the Box :-)

In and Out Burger/Jack in the Box...Yes and Yes! And Carl's Jr. too.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    In and Out Burger/Jack in the Box...Yes and Yes! And Carl's Jr. too.
    there was an in and out somewhere in Auburn Hills. Carl's Jr = Hardee's

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    no and sort of

The Fatburger in Southfield went out of business a while ago, It's been over a year I think. It's being replaced by a place called BurgerJoint. Don't know anything else about it.

I lived in SoCal for several years -- never really "got" FatBurger. Now if In-n-Out opened up, THAT would be awesome! Carl's Jr. is okay, and owned either by Hardees or the other way around, but they aren't the same. Now add Burgerville to In-n-Out and we would be unstoppable.

We had Jack-in-the-Box around here for several years back in the '70s. Anyone remember that? The kids around my neighborhood used to go to the one at Mack and Van Dyke. We always laughed at the ads with the jolly chirpy voice coming out of the clown head at the drive-thru. The clown sure didn't sound like that in Detroit!

J-in-the-B was highly unsuccessful in Michigan. They came in and built a whole bunch of stores, but didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The Fatburger in Southfield went out of business a while ago, It's been over a year I think. It's being replaced by a place called BurgerJoint. Don't know anything else about it.
    Fat Burger was done when Five Guys opened up on 12 and Telegraph.

Not a Fatburger fan, but I do like In-N-Out. Would be great to see them in the Midwest.

Also wouldn't mind a Bareburger or a Shake Shack.

Shake Shack might be on its way. I'd like to add Whataburger to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Not a Fatburger fan, but I do like In-N-Out. Would be great to see them in the Midwest.

Also wouldn't mind a Bareburger or a Shake Shack.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitGuy76 View Post
    I'd like to add Whataburger to the list.
    This Texan would be so happy!!!

You must be confusing "In-N-Out" with another chain [[the defunct "Hot-N-Now"?) or an independent. In-N-Out never has [[and still doesn't) have a location east of TX.

It's a unique burger chain in that they don't franchise and they don't borrow money to expand. New locations are always paid for in cash, which is why their expansion has been so gradual. Their pledge is to never take on more locations than they can manage in terms of quality & distribution network. Expansion has always emanated from their origin in SoCal outward. They never adopted the typical "hopscotch" development pattern of franchised restaurants [[LA to NYC to Chicago, etc) based on population demographics.

Sometimes you just got to have a full-o-flavor with bacon and cheese 'DAYUM' burger! Love this Five Guys diddie! The cheese is 'OZZZIN'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-31-13 at 08:35 PM.

I drove by Fatburger yesterday and they have their signage up ! does anyone have any word on when they are opening ?
    Also with Fatburger, Bagger Daves , Potbelly, ect
    What happen to the three restaurants that where plan for the Broderick tower back in 2011? does it really take that long to build and open an restaurant ?
    What's the deal ?
    http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...ck-tower-1.php

The city. that is the problem. Bagger Daves had to prolong their opening due to something that is not up to code. Buffalo Wild Wings was force to shut down earlier this year by city inspectors due to something that could had been fixed with a simple screwdriver. Potbelly will open this week while Bagger Daves, who had been preparing for 8 months to open still have to wait. That Fatburger sign had been in the window for a couple of years. I am surprise that the owner doesn't just give up. Duggan need to hire more noncorrupt building inspectors for the city so small businesses would not have to wait almost a half of year to open. Other businesses would be encouraged to open in the city as well due to the short waiting period for the final inspection. I blame Bing for this for he was anti small business and pro corporation. I also blame corrupt building safety inspectors who still practice "pay to play" way after Kwame was out of office.

Burgers aren't good for you anyway, fill up on tofu instead.

@doftailrider I eat healthy too LOL
    every once in a while I like a good burger

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I knew that we had a fat burger was in Southfield,now closed, and rumor had, it for a while that a fat burger was coming to Midtown, well it seems like they will be open soon !
    Being from the LA area I think this might work. The foot traffic ago is much better than the old Southfield location.
    Now if we can just get In and Out Burger ! Living in Detroit will be a little easier :-) , heck why not throw in Jack in the Box :-)
    you really like burgers

I take the real meat instead of Vegan or Tofu

Spartan is correct. There have never been In N' Outs in Michigan. I lived in Phoenix for the past 4 years and they are without question the best fast food burgers. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Spartan is correct. There have never been In N' Outs in Michigan. I lived in Phoenix for the past 4 years and they are without question the best fast food burgers. Period.
    I think they are better than average, but I actually preferred Carl's Jr. Or maybe I was just convinced since the Carl's Jr. Breakfast Burger was so good. Either way, I never thought In N Out was as good as the hype would have you believe.

But what do I know? My meat eating days are behind me.

Is this place ever going to open? Has anyone anywhere contacted the owner? I mean, seriously...

How long has that joint by Chene Park been closed?! I only noticed this morning it is some health center now...weird. I used to love their jalepeno burgers...but stopped going when Kwhyme's motorcycle crew used to meet up in their parking lot, it became a very hostile environment for a while.

I second the enthusiasm for In-&-Out Burger. In every way, they are the superior fast-food establishment in the industry. I caught the buzz when I lived in LA, and will always stop into one when I'm near. Last time was during our layover on the way to Hawai'i, roughly a year ago...when I turned my partner onto 'em. We had a fun excursion leaving LAX.

She, then, got her Dallas compadres started when she realized there was one nearby their office. I had to hear about their discoveries of the off-menu specials for months, every time she went!

So, yeah, I'll wait for them to come...until then, the only place I want to visit is that honest-wage joint on Telegraph and Joy Road...but I cannot remember their name at the moment.

Cheers

Moo Cluck Moo?

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    Moo Cluck Moo?
    That's the one!

Thanks