Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default We're Moving to Detroit and So Should You

I think its a great piece. Embrace the bankruptcy!

I loved this line:
    "I can't tell you exactly what Detroit is going to be like by the time I give this presentation, but I can tell you one thing for sure -- it's not going to be the way it was."

Lon ago Mayor Coleman Young told all the crook, and thieves to 'hit 8 Mile Rd.' Now white folks are hitting Downtown Detroit.

Now let's just wait a month and by then we'll all be watching "move to Detroit" commercials during all the local news programs.

Well, the bar was set pretty low with this campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    Well, the bar was set pretty low with this campaign...

Actually if you compare this [[admittedly cheesy) billboard with the things Mr. Patterson was saying thirty years ago, we have come a long way as a region.

The reasons for a business to choose to locate in Detroit are likely to be improved by the outcome of a bankruptcy. The grown-ups are now in charge and are no longer fantasizing that two plus two is a million. We can only hope that the leadership post-bankruptcy is duly chastised and does not repeat the mistakes that got us here in the first place.
    Last edited by professorscott; July-29-13 at 11:13 PM. Reason: remove redundant word

Where did his lips go?

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Now let's just wait a month and by then we'll all be watching "move to Detroit" commercials during all the local news programs.
    Detroit is like a pioneer town. A good time to move into the mid-city.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Detroit is like a pioneer town. A good time to move into the mid-city.
    Yep and the current residents here, we are all "natives"