Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default For Gannon - regarding hearing a low level hum

http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-hum...115259328.html

Apparently one of the sites that have high occurrence of peopel hearing it is Windsor.

Thanks, Jt1. Interesting stuff in that article.

2% of the population hear it, and mostly between 55 and 70...according to that British survey.

The Windsorites are studying it at the University level.

But I take exception to this line:
    For now, hearers of the Hum have to resort to white-noise machines and other devices to reduce or eliminate the annoying noise.
    There is NOTHING that reduces or eliminates the noise, other than solid silicone earplugs...which only take it down a bit. White noise or fans merely mask OVER it. Some of my neighbors leave their televisions on...same thing.

But there is more to the 3-4 a.m. timing of some of it...after reading a bit on the last few years of Philip K. Dick's life, and the fact he was bothered at precisely those times by whatever was trying to inject information into his consciousness. Maybe the Dark Knight satellite is trying to wake everyone up now, reprogram our DNA a click or three via Extremely Low Frequencies, and the evil powers are masking our sensitivity to those with this manufactured hum.

Yeah, that's the ticket. The Evil Overlords just trying to keep us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ... Yeah, that's the ticket. The Evil Overlords just trying to keep us down.
    You say that as if that's not obviously true. Have a Koch and a smile.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-02-13 at 07:32 PM.

But seriously. I still don't understand why it's so difficult to definitively locate the source of the hum through, say, triangulation? You'd think by now they would have pulled out all the stops just to put an end to the speculation. Does this mean it's impossible to locate the source?
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-02-13 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    But seriously. I still don't understand why it's so difficult to definitively locate the source of the hum through, say, triangulation? You'd think by now they would have pulled out all the stops just to put an end to the speculation. Does this mean it's impossible to locate the source?
    I believe with the wavelengths involved, it takes a considerable distance between microphone sensors to do any worthwhile triangulation.

The first recorded sensing of the Schumann Resonance was during WWI when the Germans strung up sensitive microphones to listen for movement in the trenches. It was a strong interference with mics very far from each other.

How far do you think we'd have to get apart to figure triangulation within or around the Earth?!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Unless they don't want you to locate the source.