Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Write in Mike DUGEON! Too Funny...

There was a lead-in on the teevee news last night that teased of another write-in candidate with an almost familiar name.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013072...te-Mike-Dugeon

Three cheers for the mis-spellers of the city! Florida Chads don't have nothin' on them.

Dugeon works as a barber in Detroit with no immediately known previous political experience, with no inclination to share his political thoughts, at least not on his Facebook page where he complains about women not taking his calls unless he provides them booze and marijuana.

He seems to be a man of the people. Who knows, maybe the time is right for a guy who knows close shaves to be mayor. From what I've learned, the local barber is usually the 'mayor' of the neighborhood anyways. Dude might be politically astute.

Didn't Kwhyme hang out in Barbershops, too?! He always needed that trim.
    Last edited by Gannon; July-25-13 at 11:24 AM.

Much credit to Duggan's opponents. What a gangsta move; it's the non-progressive equivalent of the State/Jones Day's simultaneous moves in Ingham County and Fed Court.

Detroit provides endless comedy.

This election is going to be a HAM [[Hot Ass Mess)! This is some mess trumped up by who else, Mr. "I'm run for Mayor until I get in the office" Barrow. The man has no shame or scrupples. I feel bad for his children whom he allowed to take pics for the Absentee mailers that my Granny received in the mail. I refused to post what mean things she had to say but it too comical!

This is going to make the election a mess. Barrow will have every Duggan vote challenged and scrutinized.I hope the media hounds this guy and makes his life hell til August 6th. Make him work for whatever money Barrow is paying him.

Not to interrupt the Tom Barrow gangbang, but Duggan stated on the radio yesterday this is a Napoleon stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Not to interrupt the Tom Barrow gangbang, but Duggan stated on the radio yesterday this is a Napoleon stunt.
    "It wasn't too long ago that people of color and women fought for the right to vote here in the United States. Today, it's taken for granted. "
    -Benny Napoleon, 2012

Kind of ironic that a bloated maggotbag who spews lines about the right to vote would go and deliberately attempt to confuse the vote of tens of thousands of people of color.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I also don't think this is "funny" at all. People fought and died so we could have free and fair elections, so I don't find attempts to obfuscate that very humorous.
    Last edited by poobert; July-25-13 at 02:35 PM.

It's funny the things that rile people:

a. Napoleon [[If he did this - which he denies) is a maggotbag for having someone with the same name run to confuse Duggan supporters. But Orr and the State are geniuses for asking the plaintiffs to delay the hearing in Ingham County so they could sneak their bankruptcy filing in ahead of the hearing.

b. Pensions are not sacrosanct. Nothing should be sacrosanct, but don't you dare touch the art at the DIA, we would never recover from that. The cultured folk deserve their art.

Does Micheal Duggan count as well?
    [[sorry couldnt resist)

My political operative friends with long experience in City and State politics assert that Napolean is behind this.
    The paid-off guy – maybe someone can find some pregnant girl left in the lurch in his background, a felony, a youthful folly – something.

This isn’t funny. Its outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    It's funny the things that rile people:

a. Napoleon [[If he did this - which he denies) is a maggotbag for having someone with the same name run to confuse Duggan supporters. But Orr and the State are geniuses for asking the plaintiffs to delay the hearing in Ingham County so they could sneak their bankruptcy filing in ahead of the hearing.

b. Pensions are not sacrosanct. Nothing should be sacrosanct, but don't you dare touch the art at the DIA, we would never recover from that. The cultured folk deserve their art.
    1. I found the pensions' forum shopping and attempt to prevent the city from availing itself of its federal right to bankruptcy to be the sneaky act. Let's keep the citizens living in hell and prevent the city from getting itself back to functioning!

2. The DIA is not a cause of Detroit's fiscal problems and merely selling off assets doesn't take care of the debt or address the underlying issues. Itdoes irreparably harm the city. I care about the city more than its creditors [[just like they care about themselves and not the residents living in third world conditions).

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    1. I found the pensions' forum shopping and attempt to prevent the city from availing itself of its federal right to bankruptcy to be the sneaky act. Let's keep the citizens living in hell and prevent the city from getting itself back to functioning!

2. The DIA is not a cause of Detroit's fiscal problems and merely selling off assets doesn't take care of the debt or address the underlying issues. Itdoes irreparably harm the city. I care about the city more than its creditors [[just like they care about themselves and not the residents living in third world conditions).
    1. If you equate the lawsuits being filed with "sneakiness" then you do not know the definition of sneakiness. Besides, I never said what Orr/Snyder did was sneaky, I actually think it was deceptive and dishonest.

2. The creditors are not the cause of the problem either. The citizens approved those bond proposals. I believe The State also has to approve the actual sale of bonds. Are we now going to blame people for purchasing the bonds we collectively put up for sale? [[Not me. For the last couple of elections that included bond proposals, I voted no on all of them - even the ones to build new schools.) The citizens also control their charter and elect their officials.

So yes, it's funny to me how people can't even tell when their thinking lacks integrity.

I absolutely agree with you TexasT... most of the world's great artworks are "locked" in great art museums and great collections.

The vastly rich late comer to the game the Getty Museum in Southern California has found this out... although they have billions to spend on art... their museum remains the greatest museum of 2nd tier artwork..

Also... local philanthropist Richard Manoogian has probably the richest private collection of art in the country. Sell DIA artwork... say bye-bye to him ever donating his collection... just go Wiki Charles Lang Freer...

I don't think the City needs to sell any art or liquidate any assets. But I know that holding the opinion that art [[which you made no vows or promises to) is sacrosanct and can't be put on the table, while also holding the opinion that vows and commitments you made to living beings can be washed away, lacks integrity.

It lacks integrity in the same way as people getting angry that Mike Dugeon is running as a spoiler, but also believing that Mike Duggan's name should have been printed on the ballot even when it was ruled that it violated the charter.

But since integrity isn't really taught much anymore I am not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    I don't think the City needs to sell any art or liquidate any assets. But I know that holding the opinion that art [[which you made no vows or promises to) is sacrosanct and can't be put on the table, while also holding the opinion that vows and commitments you made to living beings can be washed away, lacks integrity.

It lacks integrity in the same way as people getting angry that Mike Dugeon is running as a spoiler, but also believing that Mike Duggan's name should have been printed on the ballot even when it was ruled that it violated the charter.

But since integrity isn't really taught much anymore I am not surprised.
    You are mischaracterizing the argument. I do not hold the opnion that art is sacrosanct and cant be touched. I do hold the opinion that I do not think it should be touched in these circumstances.

so what are you upset about? that people have similar names?
    you want freedom to vote for people, doesnt mike dugeon have the freedom to run?
    you sound like you dont like vermin supreme either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE

or are you upset that the election comission cant print up 2000 photographs of the candidates so people can clearly and accurately see + spell the names correctly?

or are you upset that mike duggan and mike dugeon cant print up their faces + names and display them in the voting area ?
    Last edited by compn; July-25-13 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    so what are you upset about?
    That someone who allegedly cares about the city [[Napoleon? Barrow?) is playing a BS game to deliberately confuse voters, just to further their own best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    That someone who allegedly cares about the city [[Napoleon? Barrow?) is playing a BS game to deliberately confuse voters, just to further their own best interests.
    Whomever is doing this to confuse voters should be removed from the ballot. I'm not saying Duggan is perfect, but I find it hilarious how his opponents all say he's bad for the city, yet he's the only one that appears to really care about it.

This is a classic 'ringer' tactic. This is as old as the hills.

Any votes where Duggan is misspelled as, for instance, Dugan, Duggon, Duggin, etc. will now be contestable and most likely thrown out.

"All's fair in love,war and politics."

Another use of a ringer is neutralize dissenters of one's own party, particularly in a two way race.

For instance, in a two way race where, let's say, the Republican candidate would normally win by a big margin, but is in the midst of a scandal that has PO'd his base, a ringer will be entered. That way Republican voters who are mad at their candidate yet can't stomach voting for the Democrat can vote for the ringer thereby removing the temptation to grudge-vote for the Dem candidate.

Mike Dugeon, 30, first registered to vote only last year. He couldn't even be bothered to vote in the last presidential election, for which he registered. He is clearly a pawn for some political interest.

His candidacy is nothing more than a shameful sham, but it's also a reflection of Detroit's dysfunctional political culture where too many care only enough to ask Ubi Est Mea and not much, if anything at all, about making Detroit a better city.

Dugeon himself is telling Channel 7 that he was recruited by Charlie LeDuff as a joke, not by another candidate in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Dugeon himself is telling Channel 7 that he was recruited by Charlie LeDuff as a joke, not by another candidate in the race.
    tthat article is worded very oddly. There aren't direct quote saying that Charlie prompted him to run, just joked about it and went to the clerks office with him. I don't know if the vagueness is intentional or not.

the radio said sam riddle was in the barber chair when he went to interview dugeon.

so we got sam riddle and charlie leduff. no idea.

IF this is a LeDuff stunt, it's NOT funny. He has seriously effected the outcome of an election, and should be prosecuted as such. "I care about Detroit", screw you chuckles, go piss in the street.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast