Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any Carlita sightings?

Is Carlita Kilpatrick coming home?!

http://www.freep.com/article/2013072...trick-home-job

Since Carlita and her sons are bankrupt and lost their nouveau riche lifestyle and their fancy mansion, they will be staying at some homeless shelter somewhere in Dallas.

Oh! how the Kilpatrick family has fallen. And it started with King Kwame.

ain't kharma a bitch?

I saw her on the freeway off ramp this morning with a cardboard sign.

42K for a rec center job? Those $12/hr Detroit rec center workers with 10 years experience would love that opportunity. Of course, the article omitted the important details as to why she lost that rec center job, but how hard can it be to smile, be helpful, be a programming director, etc? You mean all that Civic Fund or Foundation experience didn't count for anything?

Does anyone else think it looks like Christine Beatty blurred in the foreground?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Does anyone else think it looks like Christine Beatty blurred in the foreground?
    I believe you're right! Probably an old photo.

I believe we only need worry about her if she appears to be headed to the on-deck circle, pissed.

We should be on the lookout for the big-headed boys. If they come back to town, they'll have ol' Bernard as their ethics coach.

I'm sure all he can see is a future crime spree, with all the new blood downtown.

I wonder why she couldn't hold onto her job at the recreation center? It seems like it would be an easy enough job for her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
    I wonder why she couldn't hold onto her job at the recreation center? It seems like it would be an easy enough job for her.
    I would imagine they wanted her to...you know...show up and actually work. I doubt she felt that was something some one like her should have to do.

Personally, i think it's a charade until we see the kids in public school. IIRC they were all in private school at 32k a year. No way even she could have burned through all the cash yet.

No - the boys were in public schools and stayed in public schools. The inside skinny is that they were being teased and scorned because of their father's notoriety and she wanted to put them in that elite private school [[only elite would do, you realize). However, she withdrew that idea [[think she could not raise the money) and sent them to public schools this year, according to her statement in January.

The twins are getting ready to be seniors. I remember that KK tweeted that one of them was hoping to go to Colombia or Cornell.

If he shows up at either of those schools we'll know the fix is in.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I would imagine they wanted her to...you know...show up and actually work. I doubt she felt that was something some one like her should have to do.
    I can't imagine that she would be so stupid to pull something like that. Dallas is not Detroit and I imagine that the Kilpatrick name gets no or negative recognition in that area. Even in Detroit, the Kilpatricks symbolize great potential followed by utter failure due to corruption. I hope, for the sake of pride, the drama surrounding her husband caused her to lose the job. If it was performance related than it really damning.

Detroit chose the Kilpatricks to lead the city a mere dozen years ago. If one of the major family members can't keep a $40k government rec center job, then not only does the city's political leadership have a corruption crisis, but a competency one as well.

stevenh Guest

Try looking for her at Centerfold Lounge on John R just south of 8 Mile.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    Try looking for her at Centerfold Lounge on John R just south of 8 Mile.....
    I suggest you get a Valtrex prescription filled before catching her act on the main stage.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I suggest you get a Valtrex prescription filled before catching her act on the main stage.
    LOL fo sho

I wonder if, for the sake of her boys ever seeing their father, she will move to whatever dusty town holding the prison that KK is assigned to: Leavenworth, Terra Haute – someplace like that.
    Quite a comedown for a Delta who had her driver take her in her city primo SUV to Grosse Pointe every day for her Starbucks and who curled her lip in the courtroom whenever she wasn’t laughing and smirking at Judge Groner.
    Kwame re tweeted this last winter from carlita and I wonder if yet she is so superficial about life and faith:
    Only GOD can turn a MESS into a MESSage, a TEST into a TESTimony, a TRIal into a TRIumph, a VICTim into a VICTory. GOD is GOOD… all the time!

$41k for a job scheduling ball games? shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

she didn’t meet the job’s requirements.
    someone ... improvised on thier resume and was CAUGHT.