Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Narcotic Cops

Listening to a radio call in show this morning, a guy [[who sounded white) called in to say he was in the city looking at investment property and stopped by a unmarked car, the bed of his pickup truck searched and his cell phone looked over by the plain clothes officers who had guns drawn on him. Another guy [[who sounded black) called in and said the four man unmarked cars pretty much operate any way they want to, if they stop you and search your vehicle or pockets and find any large sum of money they just take it and tell you to come to the station house with proof of how you received the money to get it back. I've heard stories along these lines before about heavy handed Detroit Police and while this doesn't seem happening to families going to Red Wings or Tiger games it does make you stop and think if you have business in any of Detroit's neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Listening to a radio call in show this morning, a guy [[who sounded white) called in to say he was in the city looking at investment property and stopped by a unmarked car, the bed of his pickup truck searched and his cell phone looked over by the plain clothes officers who had guns drawn on him. Another guy [[who sounded black) called in and said the four man unmarked cars pretty much operate any way they want to, if they stop you and search your vehicle or pockets and find any large sum of money they just take it and tell you to come to the station house with proof of how you received the money to get it back. I've heard stories along these lines before about heavy handed Detroit Police and while this doesn't seem happening to families going to Red Wings or Tiger games it does make you stop and think if you have business in any of Detroit's neighborhoods.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-the-East-Side

Do Ya think? If these "cops" so much as looked sideways @ Ilitch's food supply, their heads would be on a stick in front of Comerica Park or Joe Louis Arena, [[your choice). They seem to know who to make a victim and what to leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    That is common across the country,if you are white and live and or invest in a neighborhood dominated by blacks [[fellow Americans)you will get stopped and questioned and profiled as to why you are there,it comes with the territory so to speak.

Mix that with the small percentage of blacks that believe when a white person moves into the hood they will fix up and improve the neighborhood which in turn will raise the rents so they try and create a hostile environment,it becomes an investment not for the weak,if it bothered the caller then that type of investment is not for him.

Yep. Seen this happen before. Wrong face. Wrong place. Wrong time.

for example, pull out a grill, a cooler and a couple of lawn chairs on Columbia at Cass on a Tiger game day and you'll barely get a glance. Do it on a random Tuesday at 3am in January and you wil be asked to move along.

look lost [[if you don't know what that looks like you need some serious life experience) in any neighborhood, anywhere and you will be rousted by someone - either cops or locals.

the difference with the Detroit narcotics guys is that they do not have any manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That is common across the country,if you are white and live and or invest in a neighborhood dominated by blacks [[fellow Americans)you will get stopped and questioned and profiled as to why you are there,it comes with the territory so to speak.

Mix that with the small percentage of blacks that believe when a white person moves into the hood they will fix up and improve the neighborhood which in turn will raise the rents so they try and create a hostile environment,it becomes an investment not for the weak,if it bothered the caller then that type of investment is not for him.
    The people living in the neighborhood didn't bother him, the cops stopping him guns drawn, going through his truck and phone bothered him a hell of a lot. Would have bothered me just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Yep. Seen this happen before. Wrong face. Wrong place. Wrong time. you wil be asked to move along.
    You can't be serious with this post, right? These people were blatantly robbed either by Detroit, or phony cops. This isn't a case of being stopped and checked for ID because you don't look like you "belong".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-23-13 at 07:15 PM.

Im with Gnome. I know of white ppl its happened to, they were dirty indeed but still it doesn't seem right..

How do you know it was the Narcos Softailrider?

There is always more to a story then people tell, but suffice it to say, that my husband got pulled over by these drug cops and slapped around. Wrong place, wrong time. Doesn't do drugs.

Poor sweety has Parkinson's and was shaking like a leaf in the wind. They did let him go but must say he avoids that area of the hood now.

When I was getting ready to come on the job back in the 80's, my next door neightbor was a highly decorated DPD undercover narcotics cop. I was talking to him about buying a back-up weapon - He looked at me like I was crazy and said "Hell, just stop somebody and take theirs off them." True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You can't be serious with this post, right? These people were blatantly robbed either by Detroit, or phony cops. This isn't a case of being stopped and checked for ID because you don't look like you "belong".
    I'm not a cop, a crook or a lawyer, but isn't this sort of behavior a transgression of the 4th Amendment? [[Maybe so, but can you afford a lawyer in court to fight for your proper search-and-seizure rights?) This is legalized robbery. Where does the confiscated money or goods go? Does it go to government, the police dept, the guys who took it from you? Crooked people will not front up at the police station with an excuse of where they got the money, not even from a "lucky gambling windfall". Anyway I heard the judges never want to piss cops off too much in courtcase decisions.