Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If one is acquiring for rentals they could set them up ADA compliant,niche rentals with demand and less headaches.
    ADA compliant? Do you mean Disabilities Act compliant? Seems to me that could get expensive initially redoing bathrooms, kitchen counter heights, external ramps, etc. or is there money available for that work? Forgive my ignorance around this, I'm not from Michigan. I'll look into it.

renovate an empty school into a community center/adult-ed center. [[of course, the next hurdle would be operating funds/grants)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    ADA compliant? Do you mean Disabilities Act compliant? Seems to me that could get expensive initially redoing bathrooms, kitchen counter heights, external ramps, etc. or is there money available for that work? Forgive my ignorance around this, I'm not from Michigan. I'll look into it.
    You could contact HUD or the VA both are on the fed level and can help no matter where you are or are going.
    They can also help with tenants as they have the waiting lists.

The city had funds available through the stimulus package but did not apply for them if they had it would have been quick and easy.

Costs are relevant with the grants,buy a house that needs kitchens and baths,but not because they are vintage.

You can find ramps for free and many of the other stuff.

Lots of good ideas here ,look at all the options and run the numbers.These guys know their city well and will not steer you wrong.

To me the only option you do not have is investing in but not living in the city or close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Where and in what? Residential? Commercial? Rental income, capital gain, short term/long term? Other?
    Only needed $150k of said $250k :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2