Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sunday Morning Talkshows [Detroit as the topic]

Detroit has been all over the National Sunday Morning news programs. Have any of the discussions been helpful?

No. Talk is cheap.

I don't care what a bunch of know-nothing "pundits" who haven't got a clue about Detroit say

Those discussions have been about as helpful as the discussions on DetroitYES! have been to solving Detroit's woes.

I don't watch Morning Morons.

The various websites are abuzz too though, offering all sorts of postulations. Haven't seen one mention the legacy of corrupt politicians robbing the City blind.

Went to church a tad late watching "Flashpoint" but did see a trailer "For Meet the Press".

It said, we will talk to Rick Synder about the BK. Not Governor, an honorific, mind you.

Says a lot about what the nation and press thinks about Michigan and Detroit.

In general, they were pretty straightforward interviews. I watched Snyder and Granholm on "Meet The Press" and they said pretty much what was expected. What I'm going to look for though, is Chris Wallace's interview with Orr on "Fox News Sunday". Wallace apparently tried to take him for a ride. The News has a good recap of the shows here:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Those discussions have been about as helpful as the discussions on DetroitYES! have been to solving Detroit's woes.
    I disagree. We've been way more helpful.