Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sad: Michael Moore Divorce Filing

She must have become tired of his lies and b.s. too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    She must have become tired of his lies and b.s. too!
    Me & the boys were just saying the same thing at work in Flint while we were loading cars off the line and onto trains bound for customers in Mexico.

What a shame. He suffered through the loss of his mother a few years ago. This too shall pass.

MichaelMoore.com

I received a brief thank you email from him once. That was my brush with fame. We might be related.

Will Rogers never met Michael Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by BLGaughan View Post
    Lying fukwad deserves to loose every penny.
    Roger & Me will always be one of my favorite films for the attention it brought to the people and the city of Flint.

And what have you ever done for anyone, ever? Nothing, that's fucking what. You just listen to Rush Limbaugh while your arteries harden. Get a a fucking life, do something positive for your country.

I used to be a big fan of his, and I also liked the Roger and Me film. But he turned into a left wing Rush Limbaugh, so I dismiss the both of them.

Downtown Guest

Roger & Me was a great documentary. It was a great film.

I remember when Michael Moore keynoted a film event in East Lansing which had "Waco: The Rules of Engagement" as its main feature. He was quite animated and he was promoting a message which challenged the audience to question the status quo. Michael didn't seem a partisan, but rather a man who was simply asking us to "think".

I thank him for that moment of revelation. I'd like to see him continue to inspire future generations. Hopefully he can continue his "think" message despite his personal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Roger & Me will always be one of my favorite films for the attention it brought to the people and the city of Flint.

And what have you ever done for anyone, ever? Nothing, that's fucking what. You just listen to Rush Limbaugh while your arteries harden. Get a a fucking life, do something positive for your country.
    Moore was a guest speaker for one of my classes at MSU right after Roger & Me came out. Take it for what it is worth I enjoyed the movie alot more than anything he said to our class.

Once they got all that money, maybe his wife became a Republican.

"Life goes on"

The article says he still resides in Flint. I'm guessing he resides in Flint in the same sense that Eminem lives in Detroit. Does Flint even have a nice suburb?

Wow, you all must know something about him that I don't. I thought he did some great documentaries that opened a lot of peoples eyes to a number of problems with this country. Maybe I missed something. It's happened before. Can someone enlighten me?

"But he turned into a left wing Rush Limbaugh, so I dismiss the both of them???" Don't get that one either.

You probably don't get that one because you are a solidly leaning left winger. As an independent, I don't see much difference between people who always side with one party or another. To me that's narrow minded. I also don't don't fault people for their views whether it's extreme right or extreme left. It's all subjective, and I agree to disagree. I just happen to think that that each party is capable of offering the best solution to a particular issue. I don't write any idea off simply because a Republican or a Democrat proposed it. I despise the two party system. It's not in our constitution, and it only exists because of rules both parties enacted.

Leaving all politics aside... what makes this divorce "sad" as compared to the XXXX that took place this year?

Since he is filing, it must be "trophy wife" time.

I feel bad for anyone that has just lost a partner of more than 2 decades [[Even Michael Moore). I expect that he'll get over it quickly and he'll probably end up making a "documentary" about his failed marriage. With some selectively edited interviews I'm sure he can make his wife look like a raging lunatic and all the lemmings will accept it as fact beacause they saw it in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Left_For_Texas View Post
    The article says he still resides in Flint. I'm guessing he resides in Flint in the same sense that Eminem lives in Detroit. Does Flint even have a nice suburb?
    I think he lives in the Traverse City area.

People sure start their weekend cranky on this thread. Must be the heat. Moore's films use exaggeration for effect to get his point across. It's called satire, just like you would see on a Saturday Night Live skit. It doesn't make him evil.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    People sure start their weekend cranky on this thread. Must be the heat. Moore's films use exaggeration for effect to get his point across. It's called satire, just like you would see on a Saturday Night Live skit. It doesn't make him evil.

Agreed. I also find it strange that a controversial filmmaker becomes a target on his private life, while they criticize his so-called sloppy approach to facts on subjects and people... Double standard maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I think he lives in the Traverse City area.
    I think he has a place in the TC area. I heard through semi-reliable sources that he spends most of his time in NYC/LA though. Has an apartment somewhere in the Village in Manhattan, and somewhere on the Westside of LA. I would be surprised if he still had something around Flint, but who knows. I've always liked MM and his films, even if I sometimes disagree [[I'm pro-NAFTA and anti-healthcare reform, though pro gun control and anti-Iraq/Afghanistan invasions).

His restoration of the State Theater in TC and the creation of the film festival has had a nice economic impact on the TC economy. http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mi...theaters-earth He's also helping with the restoration of the Vogue in Manistee http://voguetheatremanistee.org/
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; July-20-13 at 12:08 PM.

I don't dislike the guy because I understand his films are meant to be entertaining and thought-provoking, not a record of historical fact. You know, common sense.

its always sad when a prominent member and outspoken representative of the 99% file for divorce or announce other bad news......

Hate comes from both wings.
    Michael has plenty of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast