Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Big mess at the family dollar.

This stuff just makes me sick poor kids. I hope they catch this guy. http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22...y-dollar-store

What store allows two twenty-year olds to close a store? They were sitting ducks. That mall is somewhat un-occupied from it's prior high traffic years and store management was apparently not THINKING that this kind of thing could happen, in Dearborn. It has.

Imagine the store sat their all night with the young man slain and the young woman abducted. I gather the door was wide open. For those kinds of stores I prefer Dollar General over Family Dollar in terms of having a security person on site.

To be fair, Family Dollar stores in the city and immediate suburbs are always a big mess anyway.

^^^ Yes, they are known for being robbed and what not especially the first of the month. And in the evening as close time. Thus, why two just- out-of-teens folks to run and close? Alone? No security?

There's a Dollar General in Detroit on Woodward not far from Midtown. Soon as you walk in you know the deal: armed security guard at the door, sound system blares out that "your presence is being monitored for your safety", multi-cameras front, back and side. Someone watching from in the back. They don't do 'cash-back' to minimize the exchange of cash. No young folks working there. The DG on Layfayette, downtown had an attempted armed robbery early on when they first came to the city so they tightened thing up significantly in response.

At least when I go in there I won't be walking in upon something violate jumping off...
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-13 at 10:48 PM.

It's really sad to see something like this happen to someone so young and trying to make an honest living. I don't know what, but something is really weird about this whole thing. I realize that sometimes people act strangely when under stress, but the interview with the missing girls father was just odd.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-16-13 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    It's really sad to see something like this happen to someone so young and trying to make an honest living. I don't know what, but something is really weird about this whole thing. I realize that sometimes people act strangely when under stress, but the interview with the missing girls father was just odd.
    I agree, maybe he is in shock. It seems like he's reacting in a strange way though.

By looking at the surveillance photos. A black hooded figure walking into the Westborn Family Dollar must have case, plan and plot to rob and kill anyone who stand in his way. He must have a get away car somewhere in the alley to avoid getting caught by Dearborn Police. As the hooded figure walked into the store, he hold up his hand like he know about the camera. It was a black hand with a tan print. He it must be a young black male. His biggest escape from the scene of the crime either to Inkster where a drug war for its territories are looming or Detroit where black folks aren't looking for jobs.

Another theory to the crime is that abduction of the women employee. He must knew the hooded figure as her 'secret admire.' But her secret admire is an Arab-American male. For a while there were no local news report about Arab-American crimes. Otherwise this Arab-American person must have hire a black male in the hooded disguise to abduct the female employee and pay him later.

Over the past 15 years. Dearborn's Westborn Commercial District is still in terrible shape! Over 20 stores are vacant from Outer Drive to Monroe St. Higher property value demand from its landlords and real estate developers chase out business owners. Changes need to be down to the business district or that area will become like a instant ghetto.
    Last edited by Danny; July-17-13 at 08:24 AM.

Actually now I feel bad.

My niece, a Detroit police officer told me to stay out of all Family Dollar stores. Apparently they just have bad Karma. She works in non fatal shootings and they pair with homicide frequently.

Told other family and friends who kind of laughed.I take her advice serious. Lots of stuff never hits the news. Love dollar stores but there are plenty of other ones.

On my way into work I saw several police cars and a K9 unit at the Michigan Ave. [[East)/Southfield exit. They also had the area taped-off.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-Family-Dollar

stevenh Guest

Why would anyone profile or be concerned of a youth wearing a hoodie?

They believe they found her body.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-Family-Dollar

Condolences to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post

A guy who killed those Family Dollar employees could be a sexual predator.

1st theory, The female employee that was abducted must have knew the attacker. So the attacker took her in Rouge River, sexual assaulted her and kill her.

2nd theory, that male in the black hoodie could be white male that wore a black hoodie so society could blame African Americans.

3rd theory, t
    hat male in the black hoodie could be a black male.

Whatever a crime happens in America, Black males will be blamed first.

Hoodie profiling has been going on for about five or six years from what I've noticed [[pre Trevon Martin incident) two liquor stores I know of have "hoodie no service". CVS in New Center had a sign up from time to time "Do not enter with hoodie pulled up". Not an official CVS home office edict. Hand-written like the ones at liquor store.

Uh, 90+ degree weather, man coming into establishment black, white or stripped wearing a hoodie is usually not a good day.

Again, I think FD was negligent to some extent. What is there 'shut down' procedure? Door open all night, body of male laying there not to be found until next day as young woman is abducted hours earlier. Yeah. Great place to work! Not. Did not Dearborn police think it was strange to see lights on in store say 4:30 AM?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-18-13 at 09:53 PM.

There's a FD on Woodward in Detroit and they have no security. I don't set a foot in there. It's been known for years the FD gets hit often. I will do Dollar General as they seem to have better security.

The one DG I frequent often will even watch you to your car if they are not too busy. Forget Family Dollar. I am done with them...

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Actually now I feel bad.

My niece, a Detroit police officer told me to stay out of all Family Dollar stores. Apparently they just have bad Karma. She works in non fatal shootings and they pair with homicide frequently.

Told other family and friends who kind of laughed.I take her advice serious. Lots of stuff never hits the news. Love dollar stores but there are plenty of other ones.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-19-13 at 05:38 AM.

I felt terrible to hear a young man died but cried to hear the young lady was found dead too. Such depraved actions.

Family dollar should put up a huge reward to catch the bastard. Doubt they will but I'll stick with advice and stay out of their stores.

What gets me, reading these posts, is how the blame is shifting from that fat POS with the black hoodie, to Family Dollar.

For me there's a combination of factors... I've done retail [[in another life) and there are closing procedures that must be followed and absent here. Had said 'clear and secure - call-in to clear - arm alarm' processes [[standard to many retail CHAIN establishments) been adhered to the search for the girl could have started THAT NIGHT due to an absent of said 'processes' being noted!

I have worked in East Dearborn in another capacity and there are areas and openings for crime not being addressed as it should be. This will serve as a 'wake up' for Dearborn in general.

But yes, the main issue is ease of how this place was laid open to be cased, robbed and two young people murdered. The perp knew he could do it and easily get away with it, AND is still out there and may strike again... Security must be tightened. This place was an easy 'mark' for a rob-and-kill agenda. There was little deterrent aside from the camera, thus the person had that hoodie thing going on.... The two workers did not even have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What gets me, reading these posts, is how the blame is shifting from that fat POS with the black hoodie, to Family Dollar.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-19-13 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    For me there's a combination of factors...
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down. You just lost all of DYes with that statement. No matter what side of the fence one sits on, one thing all DYesers agree on, the problem is always one thing or the other. Never has there ever been consensus that a combination of factors could cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Zacha is right the store has a responsibility to adhere to safe practices.

I worked retail/wholesale for 30 yrs and could tell stories that would curl toes. On a different thread there was discussion about "safe" malls. There are none. Just some malls and community are better at keeping ugly secrets.

It is a given that all, want a murderer off the streets.

^^^ Drats Crumbled Pave! What's a person to do? But yeah things are often not 'either/ or' it's often 'both/ and'....

wonder how much it would cost to have a computer system detect hoodie and auto lock the doors so the hooded people couldnt get in?

probably less than $15k

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Zacha is right the store has a responsibility to adhere to safe practices.

I worked retail/wholesale for 30 yrs and could tell stories that would curl toes. On a different thread there was discussion about "safe" malls. There are none. Just some malls and community are better at keeping ugly secrets.

It is a given that all, want a murderer off the streets.
    I too didn't just fall off of the turnip truck today either, sumas. I've worked retail in nice neighborhoods and in rough neighborhoods, and have received associated injuries trying to be a nice guy. The problem today, compare to my time, is today ANYTHING goes, it keeps getting weirder by the minute, the menality is blame whoever has the most money. This guy murders one kid, kidnaps another, uses her for his sexual pleasure, then discards her like an empty pop can, and this is Family Dollars fault? This guy's a sicko in the worst possible way. I don't think Family Dollar or anyone else could see this coming.

Hah! As I've said before some merchants in the city have had un-official 'Hoodie, no service', 'hoody must be pulled down to enter' preamble ala signs on entry doors etc -- pre Travon Martin incident. Crazy that a form of clothing has been used to obscure the identity to a level that is has been malign so but it is....

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    wonder how much it would cost to have a computer system detect hoodie and auto lock the doors so the hooded people couldnt get in?

probably less than $15k
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-19-13 at 09:35 AM.

Once again, Danny had it before anyone else. Here’s what happened:

Guy in the hoodie is ex-employee who had a crush on the girl but she not interested.

Hoodie finds out that Orlando has a crush on the girl and they are alone together. Hoodie guy comes in, shoots Orlando and takes girl, She was sexually assaulted and gunned down.

Anyway, that’s the story in Dearborn.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Once again, Danny had it before anyone else. Here’s what happened:

Guy in the hoodie is ex-employee who had a crush on the girl but she not interested.

Hoodie finds out that Orlando has a crush on the girl and they are alone together. Hoodie guy comes in, shoots Orlando and takes girl, She was sexually assaulted and gunned down.

Anyway, that’s the story in Dearborn.
    That's all Family Dollar's fault, he was being disrespected. I know an ex-marine, turned barber, [[careful), he, in no uncertain terms "asks" guys to remove the hoodie, or GTFO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast