Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Let's all crowdfund a downtown development!

I'm sure many of you are familiar with Kickstarter and Indiegogo. If not, they are basically online fundraising sites for ideas. I've been thinking, and, why don't we all here at DetroitYES come up with a brilliant development for downtown Detroit [[Build a new building, a new park, I don't know) and all support it, and have it crowdfunded by the rest of the world? Many projects exist today because of crowdfunding. So, who's with me?

What did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    What did you have in mind?
    To be honest, I would like to redevelop the Wurlitzer, maybe even the Metropolitan if Gilbert has a change of mind.

I love this idea. I'm in for some!

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    I love this idea. I'm in for some!
    awesome! Thanks for the support! Any ideas?

I'd love to fix up the boat house on Belle Isle

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I'd love to fix up the boat house on Belle Isle
    Great idea! I'm kinda thinking something smaller though, like that one burned down building with art on it at Grand Circus.

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    awesome! Thanks for the support! Any ideas?
    I'm not sure. Maybe something smaller? It could be something as simple as putting in some park benches somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    I'm not sure. Maybe something smaller? It could be something as simple as putting in some park benches somewhere.
    Pretty reasonable. I'm sure we could do a bit better than that though.

How about a parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    How about a parking lot?
    LOL. Not a chance. What's the smallest building available downtown? We can all pay, work on it, and have 2-3 lofts, a rooftop deck, and retail.

LOL. Not a chance. What's the smallest building available downtown? We can all pay, work on it, and have 2-3 lofts, a rooftop deck, and retail.
    That would be so cool! I'd love to be a part of something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    That would be so cool! I'd love to be a part of something like that!
    Name:  IMG_00000906.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  34.4 KB Thanks! It is a really cool idea. I found the cheapest building for sale downtown as well. What does everyone think?

We should give the money to Matty so he can save the train station!

Old Police HQ?

We should see if there are any properties owned by DEGC or the City, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    We should give the money to Matty so he can save the train station!
    lol I don't know about that.

Great idea. I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    Old Police HQ?

We should see if there are any properties owned by DEGC or the City, and go from there.

Rebuild the Hotel Charlevoix brick by demolished brick.

I'm not sure about Indiegogo, but I'm pretty sure renovating a building for retail, offices, and apartments/lofts is not part of the Kickstarter realm.

I guess we'd call it the DetroitYes Building........

This sounds like something I'd definitely want to be apart of depending on the idea.

The building where mo-town started is in the path for being demolished to expand the freeway.

Have the city donate a lot and move the building there,it is something that everybody across the country can relate to and not hold a grudge about the city and can visit.

Then you are seeking help towards the public good and saving an important part of American history verses a private building.Donating to a cause.

That is roughly $100 k verses at least $900k .

People cannot invest in Kickstarter projects to make money. They can only back projects in exchange for a tangible reward or one-of-a-kind experience, like a personal note of thanks, custom T-shirts, dinner with an author, or initial production run of a new product.[5]

Send them a t shirt saying I helped save Motown.
    Last edited by Richard; July-16-13 at 10:52 PM.

Always curious as to why it needs to be downtown. My vote would be adopt a park. Any park, God knows our kids need recreation.

Why not adopt Georgia Street Community Gardens. Amazing things going on there but funds and labor always needed.

Lovely ideas and input people. Thanks for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Always curious as to why it needs to be downtown. My vote would be adopt a park. Any park, God knows our kids need recreation.

Why not adopt Georgia Street Community Gardens. Amazing things going on there but funds and labor always needed.
    Nice! Very reasonable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast