Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Eastside Al; on the Milt's BBQ thread he mourns the loss of Milt, killed by a teenage robber. On this thread he wants to hang a guy trying to help stop crime in his neighborhood?
    Yes, thankfully George Zimmerman was there to aggressively stop the crime of carrying skittles while black.

The media has had a ball with this because ... everybody thinks they know what happened that night. How is that possible? I've been looking my whole life for a crystal ball, and all of a sudden everybody has one!

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Yes, thankfully George Zimmerman was there to aggressively stop the crime of carrying skittles while black.
    Zimmerman was aggressively attacked while trying to protect his nieghborhood while hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    The media has had a ball with this because ... everybody thinks they know what happened that night. How is that possible? I've been looking my whole life for a crystal ball, and all of a sudden everybody has one!
    This right here, and most people in this thread, too.

Zimmerman is being portrayed as a monster who got out of his car with a gun and hunted down a child walking from the store with a bag of Skittles. The same Zimmerman who in a neighborhood with a lot of crime going on bought a lock for a woman who had a breakin while she was upstairs terrified with her little baby. He gave the woman his phone number and his wifes and told her not to hesitate to call. He also told her to come over to their home anytime if she wanted to...
    One of the things which saved GZ's ass is that he was the the beneficiary of good will for his work [["His heart was in the right place", said one of the jurors I'm quoting).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    More useless propaganda

Please stop spamming.

Zimmerman was aggressively attacked while trying to protect his nieghborhood while hispanic.
    What does George Zimmerman's race have to do with anything? Trayvon Martin did not profile him.

Martin told his girlfriend he was being followed by a cracker. Would he have attacked if he was being followed by a black neighborhood watch member? You have to take emotion out of this and listen to the testimony and look at the facts of this case and the law, thats what the jury did.

You have to take emotion out of this
    I have, thanks. Still draw the same conclusions. Don't appreciate the implication that views other than your own are based on emotion and not intellect. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I have, thanks. Still draw the same conclusions. Don't appreciate the implication that views other than your own are based on emotion and not intellect. Thanks.
    Sorry, I was speaking to the emotions of the protesters nationwide and not you as an individual. I appreciate your comments and am trying to understand them. They just don't line up with the facts in this case for me.

Here is the Washington Post description of SYG laws:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...?wpisrc=nl_fix

They just don't line up with the facts in this case for me.
    I think the point you're glossing over is the "facts" in this case come from the guy who isn't dead.

And his actions were? Following a suspicious person in a high crime neighborhood. And if you listen to the 911 tape, they never told him not to get out of his car. They actually asked him for more information as to where the person was going. Then when Zimmerman asked if he should have continued following the 911 operator said "We don't need you to do that". He should have stopped there. But here is a guy who has called 911 before and by the time the cops got there the house was robbed and the perps were long gone. So he decided to continue to follow, which is not breaking any laws. He followed others before and they are still alive because they did not attack him.
    Are you really dishonest enough to just pick & choose here?

If you buy the killer's words.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I think the point you're glossing over is the "facts" in this case come from the guy who isn't dead.
    There is a lot more evidence in this case than what Zimmerman has said. Did anybody listen to the interview with the juror on CNN?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Maybe he's dead because he was being an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    If you buy the killer's words.
    Well, when the defendant's testimony aligns perfectly with the evidence of the case, it seems to me the guy is telling the truth. Is it a tale of stupid choices and bad decisions? Sure seems that way. But there's no law against being stupid.

I think what clinches it for me is that Zimmerman was lied to by police [[how about that?) and told that the whole encounter was caught on video. Zimmerman's reaction was, "Thank god."

Does that sound like the reaction of a stalker-killer?

I don't think so.

There is a lot more evidence in this case than what Zimmerman has said. Did anybody listen to the interview with the juror on CNN?
    Citing that juror's understanding of the law and her reasoning is not helpful to legitimizing the issue. for example, she spent a lot of time talking about SYG in a case where it supposedly wasn't begin applied.

Secondly there is zero testimony from anyone other than Zim about what started the fight. He didn't take the stand so there is no cross about how MArtin "jumped out from a bush" [[on a corner with no bushes) and how Zim couldn't recall if Martin jumped out from behind him or in front of him.

Again, not Zim's burden and that is fine. However, let's not lose site of the fact the guy who could refute Zim's claims was on a slab at the morgue.
    Last edited by bailey; July-16-13 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe he's dead because he was being an asshole?
    Being an asshole is now punishable by death? Asshole or not, zim stays in his car, none of this happens. I firmly believe the only reason he got out of the car is because he was carrying a concealed weapon and knew he'd have the upper hand in any confrontation.

Eastside Al; on the Milt's BBQ thread he mourns the loss of Milt, killed by a teenage robber. On this thread he wants to hang a guy trying to help stop crime in his neighborhood?
    But he didn't stop crime in his neighborhood, he created one and ended up killing someone who was not engaged in criminal activity. Beyond the obvious differences [[age, race, class, etc.), I don't see much moral difference between Milton Goodson's killer and Trayvon Martin's. Except that, being an adult, one might have reasonably expected a bit more self-control from Martin's killer.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; July-16-13 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Well, when the defendant's testimony aligns perfectly with the evidence of the case, it seems to me the guy is telling the truth. Is it a tale of stupid choices and bad decisions? Sure seems that way. But there's no law against being stupid.

I think what clinches it for me is that Zimmerman was lied to by police [[how about that?) and told that the whole encounter was caught on video. Zimmerman's reaction was, "Thank god."

Does that sound like the reaction of a stalker-killer?

I don't think so.
    Zimmerman was never called to testify.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We now know he was coming from the store,neighborhood watch saw a stranger how was he supposed to know where he came from?

Gated community across a four lane gunshot ally hood that was having break in problems you see a stranger and ask who they are, which is your right to do out of concern for your neighbors and that stranger tells you to puck off .

Well if said stranger said "I am so and sos nephew coming from the store" you would think that would be the end, no need to follow,yes or no?
    I've heard this line of thought quite a few times and can't honestly say I understand it. Like somehow the 17 yr old was the instigator and responsible for this confrontation.

My age is multiples that of Treyvon, so I would like to think that by now I am much more level headed and mature. That being said I wouldn't like seeing some guy sneaking around, following me at night, in the rain. And if that person were to approach me and ask me who I am and what I'm doing I would also tell him to "puck off".
    Being a wanna be cop, self appointed neighborhood watch captain does not give you the right to exert your authority over whom you see fit. Granted it is not illegal, but how can you claim victim when you set the ball in motion. Like Newton's 3rd law states, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast