Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Benny Napoleon

Default Benny Napoleon

Don't forget this was the man who cracked the Tonya Harding case wide open. I know it was a million years ago but he did it.

stevenh Guest

Shawn Eckardt was no Ken Weiner.....

A broken clock may be right twice a day. That doesn't mean it ain't broke.

How many real crimes were being neglected while Lil' Benny was playing up to the tabloids?

This would be a first for Detroit; to have a Mayor with experience of clacking knee-clubber clases. May come in very useful useful if Detroit has a knee-clubber clase to clack.
    Last edited by coracle; July-13-13 at 06:14 AM.

He ran the Detroit Police Dept to the ground. Putting him as Mayor of Detroit will put the city right to the ground.

If Detroit don't write in Duggan, Detroiters will have to pick their poisons and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    This would be a first for Detroit; to have a Mayor with experience of clacking knee-clubber clases. May come in very useful useful if Detroit has a knee-clubber clase to clack.
    Try saying that 5 times real fast.

He was the best police chief Detroit had in 30 years. The crime escalated after Kwame closed down precients and Bing laying off more cops

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Try saying that 5 times real fast.
    I realize that what I posted was kinda a silly play on words but I had just been reading this http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/epi...i-tu-lo_b97368 and it had put my thinking in a silly phase. I should have gone back to bed.
    Last edited by coracle; July-13-13 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I realize that what I posted was kinda a silly play on words but I had just been reading this http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/epi...i-tu-lo_b97368 and it had put my thinking in a silly phase. I should have gone back to bed.
    Just yanking your chain, coracle, no harm meant. I appreciate the silliness around here.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    He was the best police chief Detroit had in 30 years. The crime escalated after Kwame closed down precients and Bing laying off more cops
    I didn't realize that. What are his accomplishments, I mean besides 5 drivers, running over budget, and missing important meetings due to lawn watering? Better question yet, how does any of that qualify him for being mayor? I don't know because he can't seem to make it to any of the debates either.

Benny said he reduced in Detroit violent crime 30% under his watch. Now we all know crime is cyclical. Did he do something that directly related to the decrease or was it just a matter of busting up a couple of drug gangs, or are the numbers fuzzy ? I will give him credit for the "One Square Mile" plan he is touting. That is the first concrete plan I have heard from anybody this election. Problem is I don't know if it is even workable. http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...c#.UeFjrGLD_mI

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Benny said he reduced in Detroit violent crime 30% under his watch. Now we all know crime is cyclical. Did he do something that directly related to the decrease or was it just a matter of busting up a couple of drug gangs, or are the numbers fuzzy ? I will give him credit for the "One Square Mile" plan he is touting. That is the first concrete plan I have heard from anybody this election. Problem is I don't know if it is even workable. http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...c#.UeFjrGLD_mI
    "Putting" an officer in every "one square mile" is one thing. Whether or not it actually has any effect on preventing crime, catching criminals, and/or making neighborhoods safe is another. He's a cop, maybe even a decent one. The mayor job has to do with way more than "putting a cop on every corner". Besides, he had his shot @ reducing crime and making Detroit a better place. How did he do?

He's saying 30% that's why I'm asking the question ?

Benny Napolean simply lucked up. He benefitted from that very brief time in Detroit's history where the Clinton economic boom was well in progress and before the lifting of the residency requirement/real estate boom that destroyed many of the neighborhoods kicked into gear. Everyone thought Detroit's decline may have just stopped at that time and the city was coming back, but then the 2000s came along.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-13-13 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Benny Napolean simply lucked up. He benefitted form that very brief time in Detroit's history where the Clinton economic boom was well in progress and before the lifting of the residency requirements/real estate boom that destroyed many of the neighborhoods took place. Everyone thought Detroit's decline may have just stopped around that time, and then the 2000s came along.
    Good point

I say let him stay where he's at. Crime, while a major problem, is not the only thing that needs fixing and I do not believe he is the one to handle all of the problems the city is facing. Meanwhile, how are things in Inkster? Has he
    given his brother any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    I say let him stay where he's at. Crime, while a major problem, is not the only thing that needs fixing and I do not believe he is the one to handle all of the problems the city is facing. Meanwhile, how are things in Inkster? Has he
    given his brother any advice?
    Come again?

Napoleon. Another one of Archer's mediocre moves.

Come again?
    His older brother is chief of police in Inkster.

He was the best police chief Detroit had in 30 years.
    Which one of Benny's Jets are you?

Benny, Benny, Benny and the Jets .....

Hey kids, plug into the faithless
    Maybe they're blinded
    But Bennie makes them ageless
    We shall survive, let us take ourselves along
    Where we fight our parents out in the streets
    To find who's right and who's wrong

"Putting" an officer in every "one square mile" is one thing.
    Does that include all the square miles of nothing or only the inhabited square miles, or only the square miles of downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Does that include all the square miles of nothing or only the inhabited square miles, or only the square miles of downtown?
    I'm not sure. You'll have to ask B-B-B-B-B-Benny or his jets. Besides, what does it matter? It sounds like a plan to the press, and the media is sopping it up. Everyone on board the Napoleon train!

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    His older brother is chief of police in Inkster.
    Thanx. I didn't know. I guess law enforcement runs in the family. I wonder if he'll get a new job once Benny makes mayor?

The guy's gotta good hollywood name to him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast