Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default police/drug addled neighbors

Strange stuff, come home and a new neighbor is playing horrible music at top blast. That stuff that calls women whores, rape the bitches etc. Very offensive. Not a hard leap to figure these aren't the neighbors you want.

I called police. Strange music stopped immediately? Like who told them?

Other neighbors for years have played loud but easy listening for years, didn't care.

This stuff today was so offensive. Serious gross!

My immediate female neighbor told me do not report that stuff but if you must, make sure you are under the wire. She is distanced now. I guess scared. This was today.

No way, will I have a slime ball who bought a house at action ruin my area. Guess if you don't hear from me I got blasted or fire bombed.

But I have dogs and guns. Not my choice but fight, I will.

stevenh Guest

00 buck in a 12 gauge does wonders

That was over the top even for me. Day one, my rules: don't blare highly offensive music. Cut your grass. Use drugs if you want but don't sell them here.

Lastly, I have no issues calling cops on you daily. Your protection can't go that far. Or maybe it can?

If it can then why be a law abiding citizen?

Wait, so your neighbors played some loud music one time and therefore they're drug-addled and probably about to firebomb you? I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

Sorry, a little history, they moved in about 3 weeks ago. Crazy fights up and down the street in the middle of the night. Lots of cars coming and going. Now this highly offensive booming music, Then a ministers wife warns me not to call cause it will cause me trouble? She is a neighborhood leader and she's afraid of them?

Yep, I think this adds up to they are doing or selling drugs. obviously, have no intentions of being good neighbors. Also found out they are squatters.

Sorry to hear that Sumas. Keep on complaining, keep calling the police, keep on being demanding of higher standards for your neighborhood. Keep us posted too. You need to vent this out, it's pretty obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Sorry to hear that Sumas. Keep on complaining, keep calling the police, keep on being demanding of higher standards for your neighborhood. Keep us posted too. You need to vent this out, it's pretty obvious to me.
    Thank you canuck, I am not a nosy neighbor but that music was just so evil and offensive. I was outside talking to two women neighbors and a young man needing advice from our block club president about a start up business. It was so decibels above legal but the messages were just so offensive. We have several pre teen and teen girls living near here.

I know I mentioned we have a neighbor that floods us with music Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 4pm to 11pm but it is smooth music with no evil vulgarities. I can totally ignore that, as do our other neighbors.

Mostly I am perplexed as to how these idiots knew within a few minutes a complaint was made. Grateful the music stopped but still who tipped them within the Dept. That is what really troubles me.

If you can verify that they are squatters, you may want to send DTE out there if you see some evidence of tampering with the power supply. I had squatter next to me for a while, one of the things I noticed one day was that my hose was askew. I turned off the outside spigots from the basement. Not only did my water bill go down, the neighbors moved out.

Sumas, I feel you regarding the horrid vulgar stuff that goes for music when it put UPON me by force.

No, I don't try to adapt to like of feel obligated to listen to it. Why do people feel that have to oppress others with the down-trodden mess is beyond me... you have to sorta set some ground rules as soon as folks come in, if they are going there.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-12-13 at 08:54 AM.

Sumas, if there's a risk of retaliation, don't report your complaints to Police, tell the realtor who rents the place to them. Report it anonymously and get other neighbors to complain to the realty as well. Then we find out they're squatters. They'll be trouble for as long as they live there. At the very least, I would complain that smart crooks should do things on the quiet.

Wait a minute, don't call the police about this type of activity? Are things in the neighborhoods really that screwed up? Call the new chief of police and complain. He's claims he wants to put an end to this type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Wait a minute, don't call the police about this type of activity? Are things in the neighborhoods really that screwed up? Call the new chief of police and complain. He's claims he wants to put an end to this type of stuff.
    Good point. I'm just looking at other options or methods for resolving this safely and without the risk of retaliation or police involvement. Did the Police tip them off to be more discrete or was it just a coincidence that the volume got turned down minutes after your complaint was lodged? Maybe the battery on the squatter's Ipod died. Anyway, find out who owns the place, complain to them. Which realty is looking for renters? Complain to them, too. Noisy squatters, whether they're dealers or not, aren't aiming to be model citizens.
    Last edited by night-timer; July-12-13 at 09:53 AM.

This is getting strange, a really nice young man in the community just got slammed down by police almost in front of my house. This young man is squeeky clean. Total neighborhood creds. Fortunately, they let him show Id and released him. He came to my porch and said he'd never been so scared. He said they were going to cuff him. It's his day off and he was walking up to get a haircut.

Guessing they were looking for one of those scuz across the street. Wish I had witnessed this because I would have pointed to the house across the street. The dogs were barking but I assumed it was the mail carrier.

I felt so bad for him but must say the police showed restraint and let him get his id.

The neighbor got his haircut, stopped back to say police and state police are swarming and I say great. Hope they get their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Mostly I am perplexed as to how these idiots knew within a few minutes a complaint was made. Grateful the music stopped but still who tipped them within the Dept. That is what really troubles me.
    I'd say you can relax, sumas. They merely have a short wave to pick up police communication. My guess, anyway.
    Years ago there was a group of youngins hanging outside my place of work, harassing customers.
    When the owner called the police, I was confused why the teens scattered about 2 minutes after he got off the phone, but a good 5 minutes before the first police car arrived. He explained to me they had a radio, as many do.
    They heard the call go out for a disturbance, nothing more.
    Again, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post
    I'd say you can relax, sumas. They merely have a short wave to pick up police communication. My guess, anyway.
    Years ago there was a group of youngins hanging outside my place of work, harassing customers.
    When the owner called the police, I was confused why the teens scattered about 2 minutes after he got off the phone, but a good 5 minutes before the first police car arrived. He explained to me they had a radio, as many do.
    They heard the call go out for a disturbance, nothing more.
    Again, my opinion.
    Yes you are most likely right but then that makes my neighbor right. She warned me not to call or I could be a target. I'll keep calling if need be. It is just so annoying, we have such a nice quiet neighborhood.

I should point out I suppose that while we have a 15 yr relationship in this community we have only actually lived here about 3 yrs. Lots of things I don't know. Honest, like everyone is related to everyone.

Sorry to hear about that, Sumas. It sounds like a drag. I'm encouraged to hear that there are still people like you who want to take the high road. I've heard too many times about neighbors who just decide to take matters into their own hands...

The problem is that DPD does not respond to squatter issues, and will rarely respond to noise complaints. Amazingly, they also don't respond to drug issues. You have to call the "dope" line for that: 596-5975
    For some reason I can't find that number online, only in my own records. I'm pretty sure DPD just doesn't care to deal with it anymore.

Then these assholes wonder why people are heading for the hills?

Squatters are pretty next to impossible to dislodge, since the police won't do it. Shutting off their power so they can't have their disgusting squatter parties sometimes works. Since they steal housing, they also often steal power. Report it:
    https://www.dteenergy.com/residentia...ergyTheft.html
    Since there is money to be made/saved here, DTE often responds.

By all means, DO call. Call early, call often. They'll stick around until they're annoyed enough to leave and go someplace where people don't care. They'll probably burn down the place they're currently, in, though.

Me, I'm leaving this state altogether. I've finally made up my mind. Life is to short to live in "southeast" Michigan. See you on the east coast.
    Last edited by poobert; July-12-13 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Me, I'm leaving this state altogether. I've finally made up my mind. Life is to short to live in "southeast" Michigan. See you on the east coast.
    I wish I could leave too. Good luck poobert. I don't blame you for escaping.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Yes you are most likely right but then that makes my neighbor right. She warned me not to call or I could be a target.
    Just curious, but why do you think they have some secret kind of inside intelligence that is identifying you as the snitch? If I were to call on my neighbors, I don't think I would be sharing that info with others in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    00 buck in a 12 gauge does wonders
    To get YOURSELF arrested? Better know what you're doing before you pull out a weapon on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    To get YOURSELF arrested? Better know what you're doing before you pull out a weapon on someone.
    Or worse yet, killed.

If these people are as well connected as sumas suspects, if she were to try and shoot them [[thus threaten their lives), they may come after her simply in retaliation.

Glad you did something about that bad neighbor Sumas. Residents need to stand up together.

Quote Originally Posted by 4V4DMD View Post
    Glad you did something about that bad neighbor Sumas. Residents need to stand up together.
    really didn't do much of anything except make a few police reports and do a ground swell with neighbors. We are entitled to some respect. Thinking other people are bitching too.

I was most amused when a neighbor who was cutting grass complained saying don't mind the noise but at least play something I can sing to. It was sweet, I usually cut their grass but sprained my wrist and it is not healing so they are returning a favor.

That same neighbor was chatting up someone I have never seen later in the day. The music was on, off, on, off, etc. Haven't heard a peep since. Just guessing. Thinking someone got a serious message to cease.

Honest this is such a nice neighborhood. My husband has a disability so in an odd way our front porch is our window. Porches are charming things.

To anyone that calls the police on your neighbors, don't tell anyone. Just keep it to yourself. Once you tell one neighbor, then the whole neighborhood finds out.

Yes, I would say that would be true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast