Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Decision 2013

Default Decision 2013

I'm still trying to make up my mind about who to vote for in the upcoming election but this helps a bit.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/p...0/-/index.html

What was strange/interesting is who declined to be interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    What was strange/interesting is who declined to be interviewed.
    I thought it strange as well. Benny Napoleon especially has been a ghost when it comes to these forums. I've been to a couple of them and he's pretty much been a no-show.

Most of the candidates are non-incumbents. You would think they would want to get their names out there.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitgirl View Post
    I thought it strange as well. Benny Napoleon especially has been a ghost when it comes to these forums. I've been to a couple of them and he's pretty much been a no-show.

Most of the candidates are non-incumbents. You would think they would want to get their names out there.
    It's good politics, all of the polling shows him well in the lead he doesn't need to be at these forums. The more of these forums he attends the more it leaves him politically exposed. Unless you have to you don't put yourself in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    It's good politics, all of the polling shows him well in the lead he doesn't need to be at these forums. The more of these forums he attends the more it leaves him politically exposed. Unless you have to you don't put yourself in that position.

That's one way of looking at it. Personally, no one gets my vote that hasn't asked for it. We'll see what happens after the election.

Benny is not a good public speaker from what I've heard. Duggan is pretty bad actually at speaking as well.

Benny's handlers are keeping him as far away from microphones as they can until at least after the primary.

Detroit needs a miracle for mayor. MIKE DUGGAN is the city's last hope.