Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    stevenh Guest

Default Kwame's cousin the chief of staff for Orr?

Of all the qualified people to be the chief of staff to Kevyn Orr she happens to be a cousin to Kwame Kilpatrick. Also, Shani Penn shares something with Kevyn Orr, a state tax lien of over $1700.00 placed against her in January 2013 by the state of Michigan for unpaid income taxes. Amazing how someone getting good pay still wont pay her taxes. Take a look at the Macomb County Register of deeds site for more info.

stevenh Guest

But Orr is our savior!

stevenh Guest

The Kilpatrick machine is alive and well.

I have a cousin that was indicted for embezzlement by the fedgov. I see him at Christmas at my uncle's family gathering, but no more.

I also have cousins that I am pretty tight with.

I wonder if Penn is more the former than the latter with respect to the Kilpatrick enterprise. Detroit is, after all, a small town when it comes to this stuff.

stevenh Guest

So Kevyn Orr just happened to choose a cousin of Kwame who refuses to pay her state income taxes?
    http://deeds.macombgov.org/Default.a...exclude_apps=1

Detroit has a history of poor leadership and now appears determined to continue on this path.

Why are you posting here? Get over to Motor City Muckracker if you're trying to make a story of it.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Why are you posting here? Get over to Motor City Muckracker if you're trying to make a story of it.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/
    Feel free to repost anywhere you like. Im just sayin its strange at best that the Kilpatrick clan still has its claws deep inside Detroit policy makers today, and this chief of staff on the public payroll refuses to pay her state of michigan income taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    I have a cousin that was indicted for embezzlement by the fedgov. I see him at Christmas at my uncle's family gathering, but no more.

I also have cousins that I am pretty tight with.

I wonder if Penn is more the former than the latter with respect to the Kilpatrick enterprise. Detroit is, after all, a small town when it comes to this stuff.
    Detroit is a small town and the Kilpatrick/Cheeks family is a large politically connected family with many highly educated members of that family. What some folks fail to realize is that there are some competent members of that family but they get swept with the same broad brush because of Kwame's misdeeds.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Detroit is a small town and the Kilpatrick/Cheeks family is a large politically connected family with many highly educated members of that family. What some folks fail to realize is that there are some competent members of that family but they get swept with the same broad brush because of Kwame's misdeeds.
    Honest, competent public servants pay their income taxes. Shani Penn is making $90k a year and still refuses to pay a state tax lien against her. Clearly there is something in this family that shouts "we do as we please"...
    Anyone out there want to pay her state tax lien? http://deeds.macombgov.org/Default.a...exclude_apps=1

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    Honest, competent public servants pay their income taxes. Shani Penn is making $90k a year and still refuses to pay a state tax lien against her. Clearly there is something in this family that shouts "we do as we please"...
    Anyone out there want to pay her state tax lien? http://deeds.macombgov.org/Default.a...exclude_apps=1
    I going to think that Orr did his due diligence on her and there may be legit reasons that tax lien is not paid. Neither you or the media has provided that information. Until we know a little more I would hold off on the indignation.

stevenh Guest

Detroit has had too many incompetent leaders/decision makers in the last 50 years. The excuses have to stop now. The State of Michigan doesnt go around placing tax liens on people for the fun of it. This tax lien was placed against Shani Penn in January 2013. Shani Penn has been gainfully employed for years in both the private and public sectors. Being related to the Kilpatrick clan is NOT a legit reason to not pay state income taxes. Shani Penn needs to pay this lien or resign from public service. Detroit and the people of this state deserve better. http://deeds.macombgov.org/Default.a...exclude_apps=1

Are you sure this is the same Shani Penn? The tax lien is for a property in Sterling Heights. She lived in Detroit as of 2010 because she ran for council in 2009.

Just checked out her candidate filings. Her middle initial is J., which is the same as the lien.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neavling View Post
    Are you sure this is the same Shani Penn? The tax lien is for a property in Sterling Heights. She lived in Detroit as of 2010 because she ran for council in 2009.
    100% sure..... also her residency could have been questioned in 2009... she was actually living in Sterling Heights at the time.... Shani's parents are Todd and Sylvia Penn, younger sister Malika Penn...

100% sure..... also her residency could have been questioned in 2009... she was actually living in Sterling Heights at the time.... Shani's parents are Todd and Sylvia Penn, younger sister Malika Penn...
    Thanks so much. Orr's office is saying she paid off the taxes three months ago and that she is not a cousin of Kwame's. Are they BSing me?

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neavling View Post
    Thanks so much. Orr's office is saying she paid off the taxes three months ago and that she is not a cousin of Kwame's. Are they BSing me?
    Orr is misleading you. There is no recorded paid receipt of this tax lien. Orr needs to produce documentation to substantiate his claim. Public records show this lien was valid and is currently unpaid. Malika Penn stated publicly to me and others of their blood relationship to Kwame Kilpatrick through Kwame's mother Carolyn. This is when they lived on Sturtevant in Detroit.

Appreciate it. I'm definitely diving into this.

stevenh Guest

anytime.....

I see this a lot on this forum. 'She refuses'. What's the evidence for a refusal to pay?

What we know by a lien is that she didn't pay. Maybe she is having a disagreement with the State over what she owes. Maybe it was an honest mistake by the State. Maybe it was an honest mistake on her part. Maybe she really is 'refusing' to pay. We just don't know.

It isn't helpful to speculate.

And if you think the IRS or State of Michigan are never wrong, you are in the minority.

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I see this a lot on this forum. 'She refuses'. What's the evidence for a refusal to pay?

What we know by a lien is that she didn't pay. Maybe she is having a disagreement with the State over what she owes. Maybe it was an honest mistake by the State. Maybe it was an honest mistake on her part. Maybe she really is 'refusing' to pay. We just don't know.

It isn't helpful to speculate.

And if you think the IRS or State of Michigan are never wrong, you are in the minority.
    Speculation??? once again the Detroit excuse bandwagon has arrived.... Do you understand how many notices one receives before a tax lien is issued and recorded?? Kevyn Orr is now apparently stating this was "paid" but hasn't provided a paid receipt. The tax lien is legit. There is no evidence that Shani Penn has ever filed a motion/petition stating this lien is wrongful. Shani Penn has a tax lien against her because SHE CHOSE to refuse to pay. Michigan is tired of public servants who are dishonest. Kevyn Orr has some explaining why he didn't do his homework prior to hiring Shani Penn.

Speculation??? once again the Detroit excuse bandwagon has arrived.... Do you understand how many notices one receives before a tax lien is issued and recorded?? Kevyn Orr is now apparently stating this was "paid" but hasn't provided a paid receipt. The tax lien is legit. There is no evidence that Shani Penn has ever filed a motion/petition stating this lien is wrongful. Shani Penn has a tax lien against her because SHE CHOSE to refuse to pay. Michigan is tired of public servants who are dishonest. Kevyn Orr has some explaining why he didn't do his homework prior to hiring Shani Penn.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you were against an EFM, am I correct?

stevenh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you were against an EFM, am I correct?
    Wrong, I was a supporter of EFM Kevyn Orr. Detroit needs action, not more of the same corrupt/dishonest leadership. Anyone that is dishonest needs to go.

I know Shani Penn made a run for a City Council seat in '09, but I do not know she is a Kilpatrick relative.

how is Shani Penn a cousin of Kwame Kilpatrick? Who married whom? Is it a blood relation or through marriage? She had been James Tate's Chief of Staff before Orr took over, so she must have impressed someone with her policy work along the way.

besides wagging our fingers and screaming "Kilpatricks in the woodpile!" What is this really all about?

Oh, and an ex-spouse can put you on the tax hook.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast