Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Scrappers target Detroit warehouse after pot plants removed

Who cares? We have an influx of interns and a Ho' Foods.

must've been a slow news day...

LOL! Perhaps the scrapping was done by friends of the folks growing the stuff... might as well get all you get as the ship goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

Another building soon to be knocked down. Especially because of the high media attention.

It's a shame that scrapping in Detroit is at a point where the cops just drive by and it's become an accepted "norm" in the city.

But we all gotta eat...

The cops break up a going business and leave the place unsecured thereby allowing the rats inside.

i would rather have a pot growing operation than another scrapped-out warehouse.

I think we need an open hunting season in the city on scrappers, taggers, and vandals.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    i would rather have a pot growing operation than another scrapped-out warehouse.
    Me, too. I think you'd be a great care-giver.

ya know John, when I was much younger I was known to help out folks with their mental alterations, but when I got to know some bigger fish I saw them for the murderers they were. Nothing like the peace-loving guy downstream with the bong on his bookshelf and a half-pound in the couch cushions.

The BigFish swim in rivers of blood and broken families. They care little about you or me or any number of the Jerry Garcia adherents who toke a toke or three. It is all gore. They traffic in poison. Smack and blow and crank and all the other things that steal people's souls. Pot is just a sideline to them. An easy way make some small money.

The BigFish in Mexico, El Salvador, Columbia, Venezuela, et al are not our friends. They will cut out your tongue and let you gag on it. They will kill children and grandmothers, they will kill families and villages, it is murder. Any reading about the violence at the Mexican Border will tell you I am not blowing a bong hit in your direction.

However, I have come to a nuanced changing of my opinion with the advent of advanced growing operations and techniques. Heretofore, I was of the opinion that anything grown north of Arkansas was not much better than ditch weed and therefore a waste of lung function to even entertain.

The medical pot issue and industrial hemp uses have changed my mind about northern grow operations.

In short, I would sign a petition to legalize it and I would vote in the affirmative.

What a misdirected waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    ya know John, when I was much younger I was known to help out folks with their mental alterations, but when I got to know some bigger fish I saw them for the murderers they were. Nothing like the peace-loving guy downstream with the bong on his bookshelf and a half-pound in the couch cushions.

The BigFish swim in rivers of blood and broken families. They care little about you or me or any number of the Jerry Garcia adherents who toke a toke or three. It is all gore. They traffic in poison. Smack and blow and crank and all the other things that steal people's souls. Pot is just a sideline to them. An easy way make some small money.

The BigFish in Mexico, El Salvador, Columbia, Venezuela, et al are not our friends. They will cut out your tongue and let you gag on it. They will kill children and grandmothers, they will kill families and villages, it is murder. Any reading about the violence at the Mexican Border will tell you I am not blowing a bong hit in your direction.

However, I have come to a nuanced changing of my opinion with the advent of advanced growing operations and techniques. Heretofore, I was of the opinion that anything grown north of Arkansas was not much better than ditch weed and therefore a waste of lung function to even entertain.

The medical pot issue and industrial hemp uses have changed my mind about northern grow operations.

In short, I would sign a petition to legalize it and I would vote in the affirmative.
    As long as big alcohol sinks millions into supporting the prohibition, it'll never happen.

AHAHAHAHAHA!! [[laughing)

Word Gnome.

IMHO all drugs should be decrimed and regulated. Take the profit out and the blood will stop spilling. Let poppies and coca become legit crops for consumption and put a big dent in the cartels drug business. More people die over drugs than by drugs.

Who cares?
    I think that anybody who pays taxes in Detroit should care that this building was stripped by scrappers because when a drug operation like this is shut down by the police, the building, equipment and vehicles become the property of the government and they are supposed to sell it at auction to pay for a part of the police budget. So, if scrappers take the equipment, then taxes are used instead of proceeds from seizures to pay for the police, so good luck keeping the police budget down. Somebody in the government should be held accountable for letting the building get scrapped before it went to auction.
    Last edited by davewindsor; July-11-13 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    I think that anybody who pays taxes in Detroit should care that this building was stripped by scrappers because when a drug operation like this is shut down by the police, the building, equipment and vehicles become the property of the government and they are supposed to sell it at auction to pay for a part of the police budget. So, if scrappers take the equipment, then taxes are used instead of proceeds from seizures to pay for the police, so good luck keeping the police budget down. Somebody in the government should be held accountable for letting the building get scrapped before it went to auction.

You're absolutely right, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Word Gnome.

IMHO all drugs should be decrimed and regulated. Take the profit out and the blood will stop spilling. Let poppies and coca become legit crops for consumption and put a big dent in the cartels drug business. More people die over drugs than by drugs.
    IMIEO [[in my incredibly exalted opinion...), you are right