Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default the most WTF story I've heard in...ever

Rather neocolonial of you to oppress an entire culture with your strident judeo-Christian values. An obvious attempt to subjugate a people to your western views of modernity.

I read nothing in that story about Christianity.
    What I did read is a crazy story that highlights how serious some people take their soccer. Some people take their soccer WAY too seriously.

Soccer is a great game but its having some problems from hooliganism to overt racism. I lot of it I believe is due to the fanatical nature of the country vs country matches. The only time we really get like that is during the Olympics but since soccer is so popular in most other countries its almost a everyday occurrence

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Soccer is a great game but its having some problems from hooliganism to overt racism. I lot of it I believe is due to the fanatical nature of the country vs country matches. The only time we really get like that is during the Olympics but since soccer is so popular in most other countries its almost a everyday occurrence
    I've followed the US Women's team since 1999 before they beat China in the World Cup after two overtimes. It's not just country vs. country fanaticism. Sometimes the players are overtaken with unnatural abilities like those ladies who lift cars off of children. Tearing apart referees is going a little overboard but, yes, emotions do get out of hand.

Here are 3 minutes of the US team behind Brazil and in the final minute of stoppage time. The US team had been red carded early in the game in a debatable ref call, one of many in that game, so they had been a player short and were a goal behind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvGfV...ature=youtu.be

Or the goal against Canada in stoppage time during the second overtime. This was sweet because a Canadian player had earlier stomped a down US player's face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=x3QEctcDtW4

Every time I see soccer players I'm thinking
    OH SNAP THERES SOME REAL BADA$$E$ OVER THERE WATCHOUT

Last edited by Papasito; July-11-13 at 11:25 AM.

The referee is turning... jump NOW !!

soccer players : tough as nails