Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Toronto Design Company Moving To The D- To Be Called Detroit Studios

First and foremost, happy fourth everyone! But, back to the topic. My sister works at Quicken Loans, and she will be traveling to Toronto soon. Apparently, some design company[[I do not know the name) wants to move into a Gilbert owned building, but they haven't decided which one yet. When the move is complete, which should be by the end of the year, they will become Detroit Studios. They specialize in basically all modern design, including applications, commercials, websites and more. This is another addition to the long list of companies making the move to the city. This is great!

DarkestbeforedawnDetroit Guest

If this is really happening its very exciting. How many people will it bring, that what really matters. Maybe in the near future Detroitcould be the silicon valley of the midwest. Resurgence slowlybut surely.

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    When the move is complete, which should be by the end of the year, they will become Detroit Studios.
    If they're indeed moving to "the D", shouldn't the business be dubbed the D Studios?

Calling the city Deee-troit's bad enough but "the D" is even more annoying. Doesn't Detroit and "the D" have the same number of syllables? So what's the point? Some kind of snappy pseudo hip jargon?

I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post
    If they're indeed moving to "the D", shouldn't the business be dubbed the D Studios?

Calling the city Deee-troit's bad enough but "the D" is even more annoying. Doesn't Detroit and "the D" have the same number of syllables? So what's the point? Some kind of snappy pseudo hip jargon?

I don't get it...
    Well you managed to confuse us all with your post. Congrats!!!

"Us"? Have you mistaken yourself for some kind of group?

Are they moving to Detroit or opening an office here??

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Are they moving to Detroit or opening an office here??
    They're moving to Detroit. Isn't that exciting!!

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post
    That's lame. How about Studio D Productions.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-05-13 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    They're moving to Detroit. Isn't that exciting!!
    Maybe, unless they bring the whole staff with them and hire no one from here

Hmm if they bring their whole staff, would that not mean more people working downtown? Buying houses? Bringing their families? Stabilizing the economy one new paycheck at a time? Thats good news.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Hmm if they bring their whole staff, would that not mean more people working downtown? Buying houses? Bringing their families? Stabilizing the economy one new paycheck at a time? Thats good news.
    Exactly. Direct employment is great, but indirect employment is nothing to sneeze at.

Bringing their own staff will create a demand for housing, and bring the city some much needed immigrant growth. That helps to stimulate the local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    the impact will depend on how many people work there. If it is an office with ten people, there won't be much impact

the impact will depend on how many people work there. If it is an office with ten people, there won't be much impact
    If a young boy throws a starfish back into the ocean that washes up on shore, even that makes a difference eventually. Too many folks look for big job creators and ignore the incremental growth. Didn't Dell start in Mike's garage?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I sure as hell hope not. That website is atrocious.

Geez people, I don't care if they only bring 1 person, the fact is they are moving here from somewhere else. First people bitch that only suburban companies are moving downtown and now when an out of state company actually wants to move in you bitch because they might not be big enough eventhough we have no clue what is actually happening. Stop being so damn negative and smile for once.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Geez people, I don't care if they only bring 1 person, the fact is they are moving here from somewhere else. First people bitch that only suburban companies are moving downtown and now when an out of state company actually wants to move in you bitch because they might not be big enough eventhough we have no clue what is actually happening. Stop being so damn negative and smile for once.
    Agree.

I never can understand how people can complain about good news esp. in this case.

I don't know what is the 'best possible' news: skilled workers from Toronto come here with the firm or local workers are hired by the firm.

Either is good news for the city.