Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kenyatta to council: Reprimand Conyers

Kwame Kenyatta called today for the council to formally reprimand President Monica Conyers.
    More in the Free Press,
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009040...rimand+Conyers

Default Do it baby!

Do it baby!

Please do more than this. Why is it so hard to oust somebody?

Almost assuredly, if she didn't look like her, she would have been ousted some time ago.

I don't know what the city's election laws are [[I don't live in Detroit anymore), but is there a way to petition to recall Ms. Conyers? If the city council won't do anything, maybe the voters need to do something to get her out.

Conyers, "I don't regret nothing" ...
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...regret+nothing+

Default Please, please, please

If there's a God in Heaven, Brother Kenyatta's reprimand will fail. Only to puff up MC's sails of ego until she explodes in the supernova of grease and ignorance that comprise her soul-less mass. In the words of the late great James Brown, "Please, please, please".

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    Conyers, "I don't regret nothing" ...
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...regret+nothing+
    From the Detroit News Article:
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit News
    Gaddy was out last Saturday at the Eastern Market trying to persuade wary voters to sign Conyers' petition. He pleaded with one woman to sign because he needed to keep his job and feed his children. She refused."
    There is hope!

WOW! Like I said in a thread related to this one, John's thinkin' to himself: "What in the hell was I thinkin' when I married this dingbat?"

I only have one thing to say in regards to this whole daggone Monica Conyers [[nonsense): I am seeing some very disturbing patterns with her behaviour. Pretty soon we'll be counting on both hands and both feet how many times she's blow up at someone over some trivial matters-and there would still be a huge remainder leftover. And the fact that she fired a staff member for talking to the media about certain items that might have been-as far as we know-trivial, and she [[allegedly) disprespected him over the phone. That alone right there lowered my level of respect for her as a person. If I were Taft Gaddy, I'd spill every bean out of the can exposing her while supporting Kwame Kenyatta's plea to reprimand that heifer!

But that too much like right-esp. in this city! It amazes me, although it's no surprise these individuals who are professional educators, and lawyers have years and years of college education and no common sense to complement it. For shame!

We the citizens-past and present-oughta publish a book about politics in Detroit, and entitle it: "DUMBASSOLOGY 101" And have Kwame Kilpatrick, and George W. Bush forward it!

[[*Again, pissed off black man in the 'hood tired of all the BS. when will it stop?!?)

lilpup Guest

Paranoid narcissists often rise to the top of the ladder due to their ability to suck up to the right people above them and stomp down on those who might otherwise catch and pass them on the ladder. The problem is as they rise closer to the top their behavior becomes more visible and eventually causes them to fall.

Projecting their flaws onto others is a huge element of their makeup, from what I've experienced. Working with them is like being Ingrid Bergman in the film Gaslight. You really do end up taking a lot of abuse and questioning your sanity if you stay around them too long.

How to recognize a narcissist

Wow...if you saw Monica's Channel 4 interview after the incident with Sheila Cockrel, you would want to hold the new City Council election TOMORROW. She belittled for no reason other than to boost her own ego. Definitely time for a wholesale change. Thank God some competent non-incumbents are running.

Kwame Kenyatta with this statement and the one he made several months ago regarding Kwame Kilpatrick has struck me as being the rationale one on the City Council. I'm sure it's not easy calling out a colleague regardless of how much of a kook they are, but he's been one brave dude in calling out these ridiculous and inane acts. Bravo for speaking the truth there, Mr. Kenyatta.

Seriously time to rewrite the city charter!