Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Jacoby reform school in Detroit, 1950’s & 60’s?

I grew up in Detroit in the 1950’s and 60’s and I remember that the city ran a reform school for kids that got into trouble with the law called Jacoby. The police would use a bus called “the Blue Goose” to transport the young men from the station to the school. I can’t find any information about it on the web. Anybody remember what happened to the place and where was it located? I remember it also being called Jacoby College.

The 'Jacoby School of Observation' is on Maine [[1 block west of Jos. Campau) just south of Davison. I see from Google Maps that the building is still there, but I have no idea if the school is still operating or not.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; June-28-13 at 02:25 PM.