Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Jersey home invasion/beating.

Pretty savage event.

This is another one of those crimes where it just doesn't make "sense".

I could "understand" sexual assault.

I could "understand" robbery.

I could even "understand" panicking after being walked in on and killing someone due to adrenaline.

But just breaking into a house, not stealing anything, only to pound the dogshit out of a woman in front of her kids?

Who does this? What is the benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

Pretty savage event.

This is another one of those crimes where it just doesn't make "sense".

I could "understand" sexual assault.

I could "understand" robbery.

I could even "understand" panicking after being walked in on and killing someone due to adrenaline.

But just breaking into a house, not stealing anything, only to pound the dogshit out of a woman in front of her kids?

You're a lot more understanding than I am. I agree with your last two paragraphs though.

Okay, now that I've watched the video, I hope that guy gets killed. I can't righteous say a man that would break into someone's home and without provocation do what this man did deserves to live.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    ...But just breaking into a house, not stealing anything, only to pound the dogshit out of a woman in front of her kids?
    The video says he stole jewelry.

Perhaps the extreme violence was intended to be for the same reason our military uses "shock & awe" and stun grenades, etc. I'm not saying it's excusable. I'm just saying that might have been his reasoning.

A psychopath. No benefit to normal people but they get some kind of enjoyment or thrill from violence.

Brave new world. Horrible, but this NEEDS TO BE SEEN and shared so that we know the un-sanitized reality of home invasion and see the reality of that violence upon women, helpless in that setting. To fully know the potential out there [[in any neighborhood) allows one to make choices relative to their own safety.

The purpose in this case was to rob. You can see him pulling ring off her finger, going up the stairs at points, probably looking for small stuff. Then he had to beat her down repeatedly to keep her from responding, ultimately throwing her in another room... Sad she was not oriented to do so or able to access a nicely placed 20 Gauge "moms model" Mossberg in one of those closets when she attempted to get up those first few times while he was upstairs...

They do not require precise aim. A small 20 gauge PUMP shotgun is about the safest gun to have around very young children as they don't have the arm length to simultaneously pump and trigger pull that model.

Realistically speaking, a lethal or at least a debilitating response would have stopped this fools fists from swinging and his feet from kicking. Now he's off to the next perceived to be helpless mark.

I felt the most horror for the little child. Home invader indentified this house as an easy take - kick down the door and do what he wanted. Thankfully the coward did not doing anything further.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-29-13 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

Sad she was not oriented to do so or able to access a nicely placed 20 Gauge "moms model" Mossberg in one of those closets when she attempted to get up those first few times while he was upstairs...

They do not require precise aim. A small 20 gauge PUMP shotgun is about the safest gun to have around very young children as they don't have the arm length to simultaneously pump and trigger pull that model.

Realistically speaking, a lethal or at least a debilitating response would have stopped this fools fists from swinging and his feet from kicking. Now he's off to the next perceived to be helpless mark.
    I see you've done your homework. You are correct.

Per news I am seeing this bum has been apprehended. Good. Perhaps another deterrent is to have very loud alarms on doors, armed even when you're home. Door kicked in as in this case would trigger the alarm... Most thieves don't want noise [[attention) when they go to work.

Per news I am seeing this bum has been apprehended. Good. Perhaps another deterrent is to have very loud alarms on doors, armed even when you're home. Door kicked in as in this case would trigger the alarm... Most thieves don't want noise [[attention) when they go to work.
    Maybe part of that loud noise could be the sound of a buckshot ripping through the invader's body.

Brave new world. Horrible, but this NEEDS TO BE SEEN and shared so that we know the un-sanitized reality of home invasion and see the reality of that violence upon women, helpless in that setting. To fully know the potential out there [[in any neighborhood) allows one to make choices relative to their own safety.

The purpose in this case was to rob. You can see him pulling ring off her finger, going up the stairs at points, probably looking for small stuff. Then he had to beat her down repeatedly to keep her from responding, ultimately throwing her in another room... Sad she was not oriented to do so or able to access a nicely placed 20 Gauge "moms model" Mossberg in one of those closets when she attempted to get up those first few times while he was upstairs...

I felt the most horror for the little child. Home invader indentified this house as an easy take - kick down the door and do what he wanted. Thankfully the coward did not doing anything further.
    You're starting to scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Maybe part of that loud noise could be the sound of a buckshot ripping through the invader's body.
    Naw, you spray the walls with buckshot, body parts, and blood specs. More then likely insurance wouldn't cover it, and there's the expense and hassle of finding contractors and such, to do the restore work. 5 shot, 9mm revolver, with laser attachment, 4-5" barrel. One shot and you're good for the whole day. [[Ok, maybe 2).

I'm just glad he didn't beat the kid.

It's pretty damn sad you have to think about all of this in your own house... Use bird shot load then... less scary some will argue... less lethal and stops the person - sometimes. XX equals lights out - usually!

Home invaders have got to know there can be serious options coming their way! Not just the waiting victim.

Scary also to have a stranger in your house beating you senseless hoping more activity is not forthcoming, to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You're starting to scare me.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-03-13 at 11:34 PM.