Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default This Weekend I-375 & E. Jefferson Ramp Closures

Date: June 27, 2013
    To:
    All Tenants at the GM Renaissance Center Complex
    Subject: Temporary City Road Closures – Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30

Beginning this Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30, 2013, numerous City of Detroit
    roads will be temporarily closed to thru traffic due to the movie production ‘Need for Speed’ being
    filmed throughout the downtown area. The affected roads and expressways are listed below:

·Entrance to I-375 from Jefferson will be closed starting at 8pm Friday night.
    ·Southbound M-10 will be closed at Howard St. on Saturday, June 29th until
    Sunday, June 30th midnight.

·Westbound I-375 and westbound M-10 will be closed Saturday, June 29th
    from11am to 9pm and Sunday, 4pm-9pm.

·Jefferson Avenue [[from M-10 to I-375) will be closed to thru traffic for the majority
    of the weekend, but cross traffic [[Griswold, Woodward, Bates, Randolph, Brush,
    Beaubien), will be allowed to cross Jefferson Avenue. [[The plan is to hold traffic no
    longer than five minutes at a time).

For your convenience, listed below are alternate routes to get to the RiverWalk and various
    Ren Cen parking locations:

·From I-375 south, exit at East Lafayette and take Lafayette east to Rivard;
    take Rivard south to Atwater.

·From M-10 south, take I-75 to I-375 and follow the directions above.

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Date: June 27, 2013
    To:
    All Tenants at the GM Renaissance Center Complex
    Subject: Temporary City Road Closures – Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30

Beginning this Friday, June 28 through Sunday, June 30, 2013, numerous City of Detroit
    roads will be temporarily closed to thru traffic due to the movie production ‘Need for Speed’ being
    filmed throughout the downtown area. The affected roads and expressways are listed below:

·Entrance to I-375 from Jefferson will be closed starting at 8pm Friday night.
    ·Southbound M-10 will be closed at Howard St. on Saturday, June 29th until
    Sunday, June 30th midnight.

·Westbound I-375 and westbound M-10 will be closed Saturday, June 29th
    from11am to 9pm and Sunday, 4pm-9pm.

·Jefferson Avenue [[from M-10 to I-375) will be closed to thru traffic for the majority
    of the weekend, but cross traffic [[Griswold, Woodward, Bates, Randolph, Brush,
    Beaubien), will be allowed to cross Jefferson Avenue. [[The plan is to hold traffic no
    longer than five minutes at a time).

For your convenience, listed below are alternate routes to get to the RiverWalk and various
    Ren Cen parking locations:

·From I-375 south, exit at East Lafayette and take Lafayette east to Rivard;
    take Rivard south to Atwater.

·From M-10 south, take I-75 to I-375 and follow the directions above.
    Thank for posting this! First time I've heard this. This might make traffic difficult in the Lafayette Park area. Good to know.

So that's why southern Woodward and perpindicular streets were blocked yesterday and this morning respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    So that's why southern Woodward and perpindicular streets were blocked yesterday and this morning respectively.
    And the strange wooden ramp on the S.E. corner of E. Jefferson & I-375.

What a mess. I came out of the tunnel and traffic was a disaster. I wanted to use 375 saw it was closed - but then was OK with heading south on Jefferson to the Lodge. Except that turn around was also blocked. Lots of traffic trying to get to 75 so I went up Jefferson and eventually picked up 94. Between that and the bridge back ups due to Canada Day weekend traffic, I was glad to get home and stay there!