Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Holy Schnike!

Default Holy Schnike!

Is Chris Farley running for city council?
    http://www.friendsofszczepkowski.com/Home_Page.html
    He's got my vote!

A lot of people go to college for seven years...

My experience in politics and community services will allow me to pursue a policy that will improve & enhance the lives of Detroite's residents

The poor man... his reply to the first question on the Free Press' questionnaire was:

"It's very simple Detroit needs a changing of the guards, the next city Council that is seated has a lot of work to do to catch up with our citizens for the past three decades nothing has been done to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and safer for the citizens of Detroit, what really got me upset I walked into the building & safety in the city County building and what did I see on the board was written "do not issue Trot & Tot properties any violations" that's one of many reasons as to why I am seeking a seat on the Detroit city Council for the changing of the helm."

That's *one sentence*. I'm afraid he'll have to continue living in a van down by the river.

In my plan we need a detention center as to where criminals that infect our city can be dealt with on a regular basis MEANING that after police arrest criminals and they are in their custody they can get them off our streets. A detention center will basically hold them for 72 hours until they are arraigned.
    That's his one election issue?? What is this sentence?

Blarf Guest

this guy does realize he looks like Chris Farley, right?

Has about as much chance of being elected as my grandmother does. And she's been dead since 1988.

Lorax Guest

I have only three words for those who think this guy doesn't have a chance at getting elected:

Monica
    Martha
    Barbara

He looks like a cop.

He's white, so he stands a snowballs chance in hell, regardless of whether he answers in run-on sentences or speaks like a scholar.

Last year I was at the Perfecting Church for a meet the candidates night. The place was packed with Caroline Cheeks Kilpatrick supporters. The main event was a debate between CCK, Mary Waters and Brenda Scott but leading up to that battle royal a series of candidates delivered short speeches for their various offices.

Well, it was pretty painful with various candidates delivering lackluster resumes in suicide inducing monotones; except for this Chris Farley look-a-like. He gets up grabs the mic and gets this crowd stomping their feet, waving their arms and reciting his name in unison. No kidding. He was better than Billy Sunday ever hoped to be.

Breathtaking.

I will say, his web site sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    He's white, so he stands a snowballs chance in hell, regardless of whether he answers in run-on sentences or speaks like a scholar.
    I agree 100%. Just like Sheila Cockrel and Maryann Mahaffey had no chance either. Why can't white people understand, there is no way they'll ever get elected to a position in Detroit. NO WAY!

crawford Guest

1. Cockrel has the last name of a black Detroit icon. She wouldn't have a chance in hell without that name.

2. Mahaffey was first elected when the city electorate was about 50% white. She wouldn't have a chance in hell nowadays.

LOL... thanks for posting Ed!

We now have another Hollywood look-a-like...

Lt. Governor John Cherry has an unfortunate resemblence to actor David Schramm, who played Roy Biggins, the buffoon Airline owner on comedy show "Wings"....

Schramm...

Has an endorsement from the DPOA...that's not exactly something to snicker at...

If these is an example of who there is to choose from, God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Lt. Governor John Cherry has an unfortunate resemblence to actor David Schramm, who played Roy Biggins, the buffoon Airline owner on comedy show "Wings".....
    Never picked up on that, but thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    1. Cockrel has the last name of a black Detroit icon. She wouldn't have a chance in hell without that name.

2. Mahaffey was first elected when the city electorate was about 50% white. She wouldn't have a chance in hell nowadays.
    Crawford, what are you arguing? Didn't I just say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I agree 100% ... there is no way [a white person would] ever get elected to a position in Detroit. NO WAY!
    Then I went on to give an example of two fools who ran in the last 10 years that didn't get the memo. Damn, on this site you get shit if you disagree with a disparaging view of Detroit and you get shit if you agree with a disparaging view as well. You just can't win.

OF COURSE you can't win! Didn't you get the memo?? It's Detroit--Home of the Contrarians! LOL

JOHN SZCZEPKOWSKI, JR. is running for Detroit city council. Most folks in Detroit don't even know him. This city has a small polish community therefore he would have a difficult time going out the black ghettohoods of Detroit and try to get their vote. But since we need NEW LEADERSHIP, I would support him.

Crumbled Pavement sez…"I agree 100% ... there is no way [a white person would] ever get elected to a position in Detroit. NO WAY!"

What about Sheila Cockerel. She's White and she ran for city council and won.