Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Getting closer to start work around Henry Ford Hospital???

Don't know how soon things might start happening but getting the ducks in a row... Ultimately talking about 300 acres.

[[Think one can see what is happening within the CBD, midtown, and hopefully soon the Henry Ford Hospital campus [[if I can use that word).

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...-blighted-land

Here is the important part for those who don't remember the original plan:

Building the warehouse is part of Henry Ford’s 10-year plan to invest $500 million in redeveloping 300 acres around the hospital. The area is bordered by I-94, the Lodge Freeway, Rosa Parks Boulevard and Grand Boulevard. Last year, Cardinal Health, Henry Ford Health System and Detroit Medical Center announced a joint effort to spur urban renewal and bring jobs to the city.
    Last edited by emu steve; June-26-13 at 03:26 PM.

That's a huge site. Will the new building really take up the entire site?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorasaurus View Post
    That's a huge site. Will the new building really take up the entire site?

I will find a good story but it is 300 acres with a cost of 1B bucks.

About 500M is accounted for but need to find the other 500M.

This is a huge, mixed usage project and this article refers to the first 23 acres out of a total 300 acres.

I believe a square mile is 650 acres so I'd think the area is almost .75 miles square.

We have hundreds of posts on the arena but this area is much, much bigger.

EDIT: Here is an article by Crains.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20100405/FREE/100409959/henry-ford-health-system-plans-500-million-expansion

Henry Ford Health System is planning a $500 million expansion of its main hospital campus in Detroit and is hoping to attract another $500 million from developers to participate in a major business, retail and housing development project.

Pending Henry Ford board approval, the residential and retail development project could incorporate a four-block section south of West Grand Boulevard to I-94, said William Schramm, Henry Ford's senior vice president of business development.
    Last edited by emu steve; June-27-13 at 10:55 AM.

A square mile is 640 acres.

Quote Originally Posted by Brich View Post
    A square mile is 640 acres.
    I failed to use the word 'approximately'.