Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default He Crosses The City Again - Charlie LeDuff canoes the Rouge River

I was surprised when a thread on this didn't exist, therefore why I created this.

Remember last summer when Charlie LeDuff from WJBK [[Fox 2) golfed across the entire length of Detroit? This time, he goes across the entire length of the city again, this time canoeing along the Rouge River's main branch from 8 Mile Road to Zug Island [[and I'm not making this up!).

Click here and watch as he starts out on a a river resembling a denser Amazon River and finishes off on a river surrounded by steel mills. There's also two maps and a photo gallery of LeDuff's most recent crosstown odyssey.

NOTE: Whether you're a LeDuff fan or not, you will enjoy this interseting trip as well as a catchy flute song!

The only thing I'd like to see Charlie LeDuff cross is the river Styx.

I'm glad LeDuff included Joel Thurtell. His 'Up the Rouge!' is a nice account of a surprisingly long canoe trip down the river almost a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see Charlie LeDuff cross is the river Styx.
    With Cerberus on his tail.

The Rouge is safe for LeDuff, no women to pick a fight with.

Let's hope LeDuff doesn't come down with rat fever

Perhaps less worse than Chernobyl in that river, at points...

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    With Cerberus on his tail.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-25-13 at 10:12 PM.

I've actually always wanted to do this, since there are probably many things to see that you'd never have any idea were there.